ES drumline

Rick,

Saw em at rehearsal and at the show. The battery has a great book, no arguments there. Also think Bush, Bucs, and Brigs have a great book.

I think, IMO, Cabs have the hardest battery book of anyone in DCA that I have seen so far too.

but it's a team effort. if you aren't strong in all areas, the scores are not going to happen.

think of it like a horn line...if you have a great low brass section, but your sops are weak, are you going to win horns?

no.

same thing in percussion.

It's a fickle activity we've chosen for a hobby...I've seen wierder things happen that have left us scratching our heads !

i will not disagree there. I remember when i was told Shore wouldnt drums one year cause the hornline sucked.

i kept asking people where brass showed up on the percussion sheets and no one could answer :P

i will not disagree there. I remember when i was told Shore wouldnt drums one year cause the hornline sucked.

i kept asking people where brass showed up on the percussion sheets and no one could answer :P

Ahhhhhhh yes...it was GREAT when we had 3 percussion captions ! These days just

about EVERYTHING bleeds onto the other sheets.

I think, IMO, Cabs have the hardest battery book of anyone in DCA that I have seen so far too.

Jeff, from what I've seen so far this year, I agree with this as well... Cabs having the hardest book.

I thought so last year as well, the things they were playing while moving so much were just great... and I thought no one would take them... but then I saw Minnesota for the first time. OH MY GOD! I wouldn't count them out until they show up and you can see for yourself what they've got going on. Just an absolutely outstanding percussion program.

i will never rule MBI out. they remind me too much of a drumline near and dear to my heart