Tupelo, MS Scores

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For one thing, it looks like a first read in Percussion for the Seattle Cascades from Jeff Prosperie although Jeff has judged the Cascades in other captions. A first read on Seattle from Donnie Newman as well in Visual Performance and from Rob Overvliet a first read in Ensemble Visual with no prior judgings of the Cascades this year.

Not surprised at all about the percussion scores. Kevin Murphy is doing amazing things with that line (they were beating Crown not too long ago).

For one thing, it looks like a first read in Percussion for the Seattle Cascades from Jeff Prosperie although Jeff has judged the Cascades in other captions. A first read on Seattle from Donnie Newman as well in Visual Performance and from Rob Overvliet a first read in Ensemble Visual with no prior judgings of the Cascades this year.

I'm a little confused. Are you somehow trying to invalidate Cap Reg's score over Seattle? Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

For one thing, it looks like a first read in Percussion for the Seattle Cascades from Jeff Prosperie although Jeff has judged the Cascades in other captions.  A first read on Seattle from Donnie Newman as well in Visual Performance and from Rob Overvliet a first read in Ensemble Visual with no prior judgings of the Cascades this year.

Yes indeedy folks, this is vintage, a definite "silent ###-ripping" of another corps. :blink:

Edited by IMcomguy

You all assume too much!! Just because you don't get an immediate answer to your statements, sheesh. I am on the west coast and have been on a major remodeling project here, and am hitting the computer during a rest break here and there. I have for the past two years or so been tracking the judges for all the different shows and have my spread sheet set up to be able to track judges at the various shows for the Cascades in particular when a show is low in a particular caption I can review it to see if perhaps it was a first read or not.

If I were going to invalidate Capital Regiment's .10 over Seattle's score at Tupelo then I would have just come out and said that, but I didn't. I also wouldn't revert to a breach of DCP's terms of service to imply something that simply isn't true. Capital Regiment and Seatlle are both great corps and have helped each other out over the past two years in various different ways off the field that you perhaps know nothing about and I have the utmost respect for their corps and staff.

Now please stop trying to start something when it simply isn't there.

Edited by Cascade Mama

Go get 'em, mom!

For real guys - Mama's been around these forums for quite awhile - she wouldn't do something like that. :)

That being said, Jeff Prosperie must have caught a lot tonight (as he does very well from the two years that he judged Capital when I marched) - Magic over Capital in drums by .1 and by 1.4 over Seattle. Kudos to the Magic - they also beat both of these guys in brass as well.

I do not believe there was any hostility whatsoever in my post and I believe I did politely ask to be corrected if my conclusions were in error.

I think the more interesting part of these scores is The Magic. They beat Capital and Seattle in Music, but is still geting killed on Visual Performance. I was very impressed and indeed surprised by The Magic in Louisville this year. I think they might be the one corps to really sneak up on those above them. With a 13.9 in Visual Perfomance, they obviously have the most room to grow in that caption.