Kennesaw, GA scores - 28 July

Great score for Spirit... congratulations.  Kind of disappointing score for Crossmen... all the cleaning and rewrites don't seem to be doing much for the score.

Someone please clue me in - what rewrites and changes have Crossmen done? I saw them at Westminster, MD on 6/30, but have not seen them since.

If there is a different thread which addresses this subject, please point me there.

Thanks!

Someone please clue me in - what rewrites and changes have Crossmen done?  I saw them at Westminster, MD on 6/30, but have not seen them since.

If there is a different thread which addresses this subject, please point me there.

Thanks!

i know for a fact because i've seen the show twice since then that the drill has changed a lot, and the music is different in spots here and there. both changes for the better.

Crossmen just have a weak visual show this year. A whole lot of marching around not going nowhere. Even with four uninterrupted practice days, they still lose points on everyone else. Look for 14th place. And, as my 80-year-old dad said, "The Crossmen's souvie stand sucks!" What the heck was that mess? 2/3 Cadet stuff and only four or five Crossmen shirts. We wanted to buy some stuff but there was nothing worthwhile to buy.

Spirit starts out strong, but then fades quickly. But it's a very well designed and coordinate show - in the thematic/guard costume/prop mode. I still don't understand why the Spirit of BROADWAY lists "Her Majesty's Theater" for Phantom. That's the West End theater, not the B-way location They look good, sound OK but the design could be a lot better.

Crown has some nice moments. Very good horn line and decent guard. I doubt they'll make it into the top six, but they're securely in finals.

Troopers were better than expected. Not embarrassing - not bumbling around the filed as I've seen them do in the past. Serious contender for top 17.

I thought all the corps did a great job last night.

I've been pretty much stocked up on Souvie items over the past couple of years, but I was really excited to buy a Crossmen DVD that covers 1990-1999.

Although I was mostly absent from the Drum Corps scene during that time span, I still remember their Pat Metheney shows from 91 and 98 and I'll be watching them once I get this "work" stuff out of the way today.

Crossmen fan since 1977...

Go Bones !

Go Spirit !

Edited by Will Sanderson

I still don't understand why the Spirit of BROADWAY lists "Her Majesty's Theater" for Phantom.  That's the West End theater, not the B-way location

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are using the playbill for Her Majesty's Theate because Phantom is still running there. I believe the only 'major' theater that it is still running.

ugh @ crossmen being 4 points behind spirit....aka not in the top 12 right now by a long shot.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are using the playbill for Her Majesty's Theate because Phantom is still running there. I believe the only 'major' theater that it is still running.

Actually I believe they use the name of that theater because that is where it originally opened.

Someone please clue me in - what rewrites and changes have Crossmen done?  I saw them at Westminster, MD on 6/30, but have not seen them since.

Thanks!

I've not seen the show since early in the season, but by reading their director's blog it sure seems they've been busy re-writing/changing a lot of the show. I was keeping the faith that Bones would turn things around, but it's not looking very good.... there's still time I suppose!

Phantom is still playing on Broadway. I think that since the theme of the show is Broadway, it really makes no sense to use the London theater. Are you sure that you didn't just misread the Playbill? I mean it's playing at the Majestic Theater in New York and has been since it opened. I can see the confusion between "Her Majesty's" and "Majestic".

So I was at the Kennesaw show last night.....

Troopers....It was the first time I had ever seen them perform in all these years....I was actually surprised/impressed. It was a lot different than what I expected to see, but then again I wasn't exactly sure of what I would see either.

Crossman.....I saw their show about a month ago and I liked the changes they've made though it didn't seem to help them. Their guard had a lot of equiptment drops. Also, they had to wait on the field for an eon for the pit to set up. Not sure what happened, either Spirit didn't move their stuff out fast enough or they moved in too quickly. The guard set their equiptment before the pit was set so that created another disaster altogether. I wonder if that put a mental damper on their show.

Spirit.....It is soooo gratifying to see those kids out there put on a fabulous show! I mean out of your seats before the song ends! Yes, I am biased and I'm sure most of those sitting around me were too....can't imagine why considering they were in the old stomping ground!!! b**bs It may not be the best show on the field, but in comparision to the first year I marched (1996 - Rhapsody in Blue - Ick! I still can't bare to hear a note of it) they have come so far! Proud moments!!

-Patsy