Indy Afternoon Thoughts

IIn the hotel getting ready for tonight's show. Just wanted to post some quick general comments about toay's show. A more detailed review will follow.

On the whole it was areally solid offering today, but some of he shows while solid in performance, left my friend and me a little flat.

KK: Trying hard, but the show is still filthy. Sitting up high, I am really more focused on visual perfomance than on music (always tough in a dome).

Pioneer: a really nice show today, with solid visual performance. A really nice show from them, better than they've been in long time.

Troopers: Excellent show. Best sound I've heard from them in years! Guard was not that solid, but they marched extremely well. Great to see them progress.

Esperanza: Nothing memorable musically, ut solid corps. Nice guard perfrmance today.

The Magic: To quote my friend: "Musically good, but a visual mess!" They woud be sooo much closer to the corps ahead of them if they could just march. The drill was a wreck today.

Capital Regiment: Don't dig the prop. Solid sound, but dfell apart at te end.

Southwind: One of the big winners todAY. gREAT SHOW! mUCH CLEANER THAN lOUISVILLE (OF COURSE), BUT STILL A LOT TO BE CLEANED. vERY SOLID SEMIFINALIST IN MY OPINION.

(Sorry about the all caps, it was an accident).

Seattle: No narration today. Very solid show from them, but the props are just silly. They lined up the wings of the plane incorrectly too. Pretty solid show today.

Mandarins: Big disappointment!!! Loved the opening and the closer. The rest was not that good. Very ineffective today. Prety good guard performnce today. Spacing was just awfulin spots, not what I would expectfrom the MAndarins.

Colts: Only 3 postcards today - a problem with the harvest card. Good show but I don't see i catchin Spirit or Glassmen.

Crossmen: Getting much better, but the demand really isn't there, especiallyvisualy. Prety clean and the guard had a strong show. Don't se this in Finals either. Top 12 is done.

Spirit: Dead opener, but the rest relly cooked. Excellent show. I had hem ahead of G-Men.

G-Men: Very strong show today, excellent visula perfomance. Very strong, but still had them below SPirit.

BK: This sow coked today. Such fantastic drill and performance. I had them ahead of SCV.

SCV: solid show with alot of potential, but I saw o many visual problems (out of step and its almost August?) Really expect more from SCV. The drill is just so elementary compared to BK and it really showed going on right after BK.

Oh well, off to the big show tonight! I xpect the Cadets to surge ahead of Cavies tonight.

. .

Which corps had the guy in the guard who dropped his solo toss.... shrugged it off and dropped and did pushups as penance? That was classic! Seemed like a VK moment.

Once again, unneccesary quoting removed (trying to save bandwidth one tiny thing at a time). Please read our community guidelines for a reference to correct quoting procedures.

It was Troopers. (see my post in General Discussions) That was a great moment!

Edited by EuphoniBone