I got word that Seattle Cascades had re-written and pretty much changed a portion of their show. Particularly the "Redline Tango" and their closer. From what I was told, they changed it yesterday or the day before, but I am curious as to what it looks/sounds like now. I know their brass score went up at the Indy show tonight, and some visual scores too. Hopefully the new changes will help! Anyone who saw the show, care to elaborate. I also hear the voice over parts have been minimalized--if so, great!

Since Denver, three large sections of the show were overhauled. The strategy was to have them completed by Indy. We barely squeezed it all in, but the response was wonderful at Indy and the performance did suffer a bit for it. The corps will only clean from here to the end with only very minor changes. Hopefully the effort will payoff at the big show.

Narration was tidied up.

20 seconds removed from the opener, moves faster, better build into 1st airplane, better percussion featuring and more movement from the brass.

1/3 of Redline was turned into Big Percussion feature, more battle motifs. Most of the kites were axed.

Middle of closer drill changed, moved low brass behind high brass for the end the show, much better. Guard staging completely different, less guard drill hub bub and more spinning.

-kurt

At Indy, I didn't hear any narration. It sounded like there was a big bit of nasty feedback just before they began and then I didn't hear any narration. I guess they had some amp troubles? I think I also heard some fans applaud and cheer when the nasty bit of feedback occurred. I guess the anti-ampers were out in force.

sure is working, look at that score B) 17.4 in performance visual beating spirit last night, and a hot 16.6 in brass

sure is working, look at that score B) 17.4 in performance visual beating spirit last night, and a hot 16.6 in brass

That's what I like to see, and expect from this corps. I remember scoring a 17.4 at semi-finals my rookie year, and feeling fantastic about that! I hope they can keep it up! Very nice recaps for them last night. Keep it up Cascades!

i think this had a lot to do with it, from their tour diary on 7/29

Today was supposed to be laundry day, and when I say supposed to be, I mean we had planned on it, the kids however had a different plans. Now laundry day in drum corps is like a holiday from school and who knew kids would be so excited to do their laundry. They get clean clothes, they can eat fast food, they can buy junk food, it’s like somebody let them out on a one day pass. Now what kid wouldn’t want that, the answer: these kids.

They decided that they wanted to spend the full day in rehearsal before the Indy Regional and not goofing around with laundry day and free time. If that isn’t shocking enough, they also said that to get laundry in they would be okay with doing laundry after their performance instead of sticking around at the RCA Dome and checking out other corps. Do keep in mind that regional shows are really the only shows that kids in drum corps get to see other corps shows. Maturity, parents, these aren’t the same kids that left home in June.

http://www.seattlecascades.org/

incredible progress over the past week scades, keep it up :)

Edited by MadMan99