Indy musings

Midwest crowds always "boo" when midwest corps don't win or place well. It drives me wacko. They also tend to like more "in your face" shows than esoteric ones which seemed to be preferred on the coasts.

Murfreesboro is certainly not in the midwest and people booed when the Cavies were only .75 higher than Cadets. They also booed when BD was third.

My son called last night (Cavies Pit) and he was upbeat and said they have their work cut out for them. He said the Cadets were good and clean and deserved to win. Watch out for some changes in the Cavies show and major cleaning up!!! :(

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that there is no excuse to boo except in the case of a tie. I was elated that Phantom did so well. They are getting the umbrellas together.

This is the first time I saw the Cadets and was prepared for something weird.....and they delivered. I am not sure I liked the show will wait to see it Foxboro again before I make a decision.

I was shocked to see that SCV was not up to par for them. Their lines were awful.

The crowd around me was also very disappointed with the lack of retreat. The Cadets and Cavies played well but was just not the same.

The Scouts had an AMAZING SHOW that night in Murfreesboro!  The crowd loved it and bought it!  When announced in.....*forgot placement*....the crowd simply did not agree. 

HAHA, that was awesome.  First the boos (disagreement) then the standing ovation lasting for an extensive amount of time!!!  Gotta love it!!

I agree that there is no excuse to boo except in the case of a tie. 

When will you people grow up? Booing is NEVER acceptable. How old are you people, anyway? It's such an immature thing to do, and it doesn't affect the scores at all, so why bother? "BOOOO!!!!.......I guess we showed them!..." :rolleyes:

The Scouts had an AMAZING SHOW that night in Murfreesboro!  The crowd loved it and bought it!  When announced in.....*forgot placement*....the crowd simply did not agree.

HAHA, that was awesome.  First the boos (disagreement) then the standing ovation lasting for an extensive amount of time!!!  Gotta love it!!

Can't forget the Mad AS #### cheer either.

yea I was there in Murf at 2000 when Madison well ya know... (I actually thought it was rude of madison to just stand there on the field the way they did as well but that's another story) - and I've witnessed fans booing at other places

can't we all just get over the scores/placements and applaud the kids instead of booing a few guys writing down a number they pulled out of their butt that night

Edited by DCIFanOfAllDivisions

ANybody remember 1992 in Madison? There was an enormous boo when PR got dumped and an even bigger scream of delight when Star got dumped.

i'd like to thank the the man with his two year old son at the show for staying the whole night even when his son was crying the entire time......sarcasm off.....please people, show some courtesy and dont bring any toddlers or anyone else that affects the crowds experience.

And think about it from the child's perspective. How enjoyable could this have been? In fact, it may have even been harmful to the child's hearing. I'm immediately reminded of my childhood experiences watching the Fourth of July fireworks in Bloomington, in what I believe was the old football stadium. The stadium acted like a sort of bowl, holding the noise inside, and I can still remember that it actually hurt my head, and my ears. I screamed through the whole thing, but my parents made me stay, figuring that I'd "get over it." Eventually, I did, but I'm 99.9 percent certain that it's because my hearing was damaged. I have hearing loss related to nerve damage, and have had it at least since third grade, when I first had hearing tests as part of a mandatory school program. We can recall no other incident that would've caused such nerve damage, so unfortunately, making me stay for the entire fireworks display probably did it.

As we all know, drum corps isn't the quietest of activities, either. That child may have been crying through the entire show for the same reason I cried through the entire fireworks display: because it hurt.

So please, parents, think about not only about courtesy toward other people, but consideration of your own child's well-being. If you can't get a baby-sitter, then maybe the best idea for all is, don't go.

Sorry, I know that was an off-topic tangent, but I felt like I should mention it here.

Oops, now I get it. Never mind! :P

Edited by byline

The Scouts.....fan favorite!!!!!

Same thing happened in 2000 at Allentown. I was there.