Indy musings

And sadly,it fits the commercial far better than it does Phantom.....

Have you SEEN Phantom's show this year? I'll admit being skeptical early on before I saw it in person, but after viewing it - I'm a believer! It ROCKS!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

removed double post. Sorry! Edited by ^Michael^

Phantom... love PR, but don't care at all for this music. Don't care to hear a entire show based on the United Airline theme song. It just does not fit Phantom at all, Imo.

Funny, because Phantom played both Rhapsody and American in Paris back in the 70's.

Phantom's show is just incredible! I would say that it doesn't really remind me of the more "classical" shows they have done in the past, so you have a point there if that is what you were rering to...It was DEFINATLY my favorite show of the night (I'm a Phantom fan, but even so)...The Blue Devils show definatly needs to lose the voice-over. But I think that without it, the whole show loses what little connection of theme to audience that it has. I was glad to see that Phantom jumped up to where they should've been before. Great first HUGE show for me! I had no trouble understanding the concept of the Cadets show either...also one of my favorites. I don't understand why people would be so down on them. The Cavaliers...technically good show but I didn't see what I normally see in their show. I was actually disappointed. Does anyone know how the encore is determined since the green machine definatly didn't win that night...I was really looking forward to Cadets (Or at least Phantom, seeing as they were easily the crowd's favorite that night).

Funny, because Phantom played both Rhapsody and American in Paris back in the 70's.

So true; I'm not sure what year(s) they did "Rhapsody in Blue" before this year, but they did "An American in Paris" in '75 and '76. Guess it didn't fit their style then either, eh?

Don't people get that Gershwin is considered a classical composer? And, since Phantom typically performs music from the classical idiom, Gershwin's music fits right in? *shrug*

Phantom... love PR, but don't care at all for this music. Don't care to hear a entire show based on the United Airline theme song.

If that's all the more you know of "Rhapsody in Blue," well ... 'nuff said. It's not considered one of the greatest symphonic works of the 20th century for nothing, you know. OTOH, if you were trying to be ironic, you only really managed to make yourself sound ignorant. (I doubt anyone's *that* ignorant, tho.)