!Best fans/crowd ever!

The West Chester PA show is coming up on Thursday, August 4th. During the week there is a band clinic at West Chester University, and on Thursday night the kids all come to the show as part of the clinic. The clinic is mostly for drum major leadership, but it also boasts many drummers and wind players, as well as local teachers brushing up on marching band skills.

The fans at the show are totally insane! Anyone who has marched this show can attest to that. When you are driving to the stadium, the kids are walking from the dorms to the feild. They yell and scream and say hi to all corps buses. During the show the kids go nuts, and the corps feed off their enthusiasm. Even the years when the show wasn't judged (exibitions for the clinic) the crowd is nuts.

Take a look at this article by Paula Hyman on DCI.ORG for a taste of these crazy kids. http://www.dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=3...a8-a0f1f423ccd9

I know that finals week is great (especially finals night) and the regionals are a blast. But are there any shows known for having the best crowds, year in and year out?

I would have to say that the DCI/BOA show in Bloomington, Illinois every year has the best crowd around. Especially the band kids that are hyped!!!! These kids go absolutely insane (from the drum major salute, to the drum solo until the end of the show). Moreover, they really appreciate the hard work and ethics of the corps members.

Murf has developed into quite a monster. They may have to move this show soon to somewhere bigger like Adelphia Colliseum (Titans) in Nashville.

This show's attendees include thousands of bandos, many of which are coming straight from band camp and are already pretty juiced. THere were kids sitting almost directly behind the goal posts... that's how full the stadium was. THey don't sit on their hands, either.

They also stay for the duration. Not many leave before the last note of victory concert is played. Keep in mind this show STARTS at 8 p.m.

Definitely MADISON, WI!!!!

Lots of Die Hard Drum Corps Fans...minimal BANDOS!!!!

Everytime i've been there...they go nuts for corps (and not just the top corps....ALL corps)

I have two. Normal, IL will stand up for the drum major salute.

I think Nightbeat has the absolute most reactive crowd. Despite the fact that it is Crowne's home show, every corps there seems to get much love.

-Dave

Normal, IL is certainly crazy, courtesy of all the bandos that usually show up. However, anyone who has marched in Canada can attest to the fact that they are CERTAINLY the craziest for one simple reason. By the time the best corps come on, they're hammered.

wish they had beer at all DCI shows. Maybe that would improve showmanship.

Canton/Massillon, OH. The crowd at the annual Pro Football Hall of Fame Festival Drum Corps show is head over heels for drum corps and the kids. The crowd was awesome this past Sunday.

Madison, WI will always be up there.

Giants Stadium in New Jersey. Great crowd.

Crew Stadium in Columbus, OH. YES!!! They went nuts for the Cadets last night, and everyone else except BD.

Maryland/Washinton D.C. - Championships there in 2000 were incredible. Very vocal crowd.

Maybe this should have been a poll...."What crowds/fans are the craziest.....bando heavy or drum corps junkie heavy"

I have to agree with some here, MADISON is the best. Finals years there are classic.

I am taking my nephew to the West Chester show (he is seven). Hopefully the bonkers crowd will make a good impression and he'll ask me to teach him how to drum!!

As a side note: Crossmen get fired up for Allentown (home show feel). The Allentown crowd is know for giving love if they get love from the feild. I'll be there Saturday night....I can't wait!