Pittsburgh, PA

Sigh...I am going to be ###### if the Cadets win this year.  Why?  Am I a "Cadets hater"?  No, I will only be mad because if the Cadets win with the amped vocals they have in this show, we will probably see an increase in the number of corps amping the human voice [shudder..] ampssuck

At least most of the amped vocals in the show are pretty neat. The "Twilight Zone" intro is really neat and effective. The beatbox istn't too bad. The other one in the middle of the show I could definetly do without. I couldn't even tell what she said. At least its not yowza yowza yowza.........

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Capital and Cadets!!

I have a feeling that Capital Regiment is about to make a late season surge to get to the top 12.  Their show is coming together at the right time and they have a complete package to make it toward finals.

Best of luck to ALL corps as they head to the final stretch!

I agree. Cap Reg is improving very quickly with the finalization of the sundial and cleaning their show. Its gonna be fun to see where they end up after putting a whole point between them and Cascades. The drill and music for Cadets and Cap. Reg. are written by the same arrangers (Bocook & Saktig). These 2 shows are my favorites of the season. Best of luck to all the corps as well!

I thought Cavies had a better night than Cadets tonight. No energy from the Cadets and Cavies rocked it. The only time I'll see Cavies and that's a great show! Once Cavies clean the new ending it'll be very interesting to see who's on top in the end. As long as the best show wins, I really don't care who's doing it. I do fear the inevitable copy-cat vocal stuff next year, whether Cadets win or not. They've had enough success with it to embolden every else to use it.

Sigh...I am going to be ###### if the Cadets win this year.  Why?  Am I a "Cadets hater"?  No, I will only be mad because if the Cadets win with the amped vocals they have in this show, we will probably see an increase in the number of corps amping the human voice [shudder..] ampssuck

That's kind of what people thought about Crown last year. They added vocals and poetry and jumped to an unprecedented 7th. Did they do it again? No! I think the Cadets are trying to do something unique every year. It's been a long time since they've had "similar" shows back to back so next year should be something entirely new I would suspect.

Yep, and something else will happen too....just watch and see....

ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck ampssuck :worthy:

Unfortunately yes, but it is a new face at the top, ehh???

No, it's just as predictible as always. :) (As far as you saying a "new" face at the top). The Cadets are not new to being at the the top!

At least most of the amped vocals in the show are pretty neat. The "Twilight Zone" intro is really neat and effective. The beatbox istn't too bad. The other one in the middle of the show I could definetly do without. I couldn't even tell what she said. At least its not yowza yowza yowza.........

That stuff that you couldn't understand is the lyrics to the Bjork song they play. They're posted on another thread that was just started a day or two ago if you want to look them up. As for the Cadet vocals in general, they seem to really have a handle on performing it and it works within the show concept but just don't like it. Just one fan's opinion.

whatever, not worth it...I know I am stating facts.

Here's an example it was just 2000 they tied:

1 97.650 Cavaliers

1 97.650 The Cadets

3 96.900 Blue Devils

Edited by Lancerlady

WT :worthy: ? No I am stating facts, thanks for checking, and I haven't even been on that much THIS SEASON. I don't appreciate that comment quite frankly...geez.

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I meant to reply to the post you made about the future changes. You're usually very positive but I've noticed that you've been down and jaded on the state of dci lately. I applaud your stand on not going to shows or buying merchendise after this year because you don't like the direction the activity's going. Most people wouldn't do that, they'd just ##### about it. I really didn't mean to offend you.

Edited by richburgher