Pittsburgh, PA

Another example.... maybe you can order one of those buttons from the other yahoo.

"anybody but corps x"

If the cadets are better, then they deserve to be there, bottom line... but don't say "dang it's about time"...

I would dare you to go up to any member of "corps x" and say they don't deserve to be there.... because YOU thought it was "boring".

Do you know what these kids DO all summer?  Maybe you should try it once.

Thank GOD for you!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Capital and Cadets!!

I have a feeling that Capital Regiment is about to make a late season surge to get to the top 12.  Their show is coming together at the right time and they have a complete package to make it toward finals.

Best of luck to ALL corps as they head to the final stretch!

With all due respect and pride to my former corps, top 17 is definitely a bet for them.

Top 12? Not so much. The gaps are just too big between Capital and Spirit. (#12 as of Indy).

I would love to eat my words, but I don't think this year is the year I will.

That being said, I'm extremely proud of their performance last night. There are some great things happening in that show now that it's finally starting to click. The drumline is especially playing some great stuff. :)

What happened to all the Cadets' show hatred espoused here by fans after seeing the show once and not giving it a further chance to succeed? I remember multiple threads about how bad the show was and how it was so weird there was no way anyone would ever enjoy it.

Have some opinions changed because the show is now winning? I hope that's not the reason. But I do hope that this is used as a reason for some fans to give shows a chance to develop before declaring the products dead on arrival.

Amen Mike! I was also wondering the same thing reading through all these and other posts. It's interesting how the tone of these posts change as the season moves along.

I haven't seen the Cadets yet so I just can't give my opinion as to who's show is better but I'll tell you this, all the ABCers are loving this. It's too bad that the activity is dragged down by them. If Cadets are better, fine. But if The Cavaliers deserve it, why shouldn’t they win it? “Because they won too many times” is not a good answer. If it is then DCI should restrict the number of times a corps can win. PR has a great show and a great orginization. I would love for them to be in the mix but it remains to be seen if they can beat Cadets and/or Cavaliers at this point.

OK, off my :ramd: :ramd: I am better now. B)

Edited by dc oldtimer

PR has a great show and a great orginization. I would love for them to be in the mix but it remains to be seen if they can beat Cadets and/or Cavaliers at this point.

OK, off my  :ramd:  :ramd: I am better now.  B)

Mitch,

I'm not betting against PR at this point. I saw PR in Murfreesboro and think that they have a great vehicle with room for improvement. A tweak or two and some determined cleaning puts PR right in the hunt, IMHO. And you are right about the great organization. Pat Siedling knows how to maximize a corps potential (as he showed with Southwind in 2000 - missing finals by the most narrow of margins).

As I've said elsewhere, I believe that there are still four corps (maybe five at a stretch) with some level of potential to win on August 13th. What an exciting ride it will be - no matter what! b**bs

I'm not betting against PR at this point.  I saw PR in Murfreesboro and think that they have a great vehicle with room for improvement.  A tweak or two and some determined cleaning puts PR right in the hunt, IMHO. And you are right about the great organization.  Pat Siedling knows how to maximize a corps potential (as he showed with Southwind in 2000 - missing finals by the most narrow of margins).

I am not betting against them also. Not that it hasn't been done before but 3 points is a lot to make up two weeks before finals. Especially since the Cadets and Cavaliers are known for big pushes near the end of their seasons when they are this close.

The best to EVERYONE! Obviously my hope is tilted toward a certain corps but I am anxious to get to Foxborough and see what happens b**bs

Sigh...I am going to be ###### if the Cadets win this year.  Why?  Am I a "Cadets hater"?  No, I will only be mad because if the Cadets win with the amped vocals they have in this show, we will probably see an increase in the number of corps amping the human voice [shudder..] ampssuck

Right, because that is why they're winning. :blink: <**>

The Cadets show isn't abstract. They are using specific props and references to tell a story, of sorts. Any show with narrative or thematic elements can't be considered abstract.

It's an abstract thought, not an abstract show. Of course the show will make some sense, so we know what its about.

The part of the show where the girl stands facing backfield in the rain coat is abstract for example. From the music we have to imagine rain all around her....They put the basic elements out there for us, to build off of personally, using our imaginations.

Just my thoughts.

scades go from a 17.4 in visual performance to a 15? :blink: did the plane crash? because honestly why would 2 judges be this far apart on one score?

What happened to all the Cadets' show hatred espoused here by fans after seeing the show once and not giving it a further chance to succeed? I remember multiple threads about how bad the show was and how it was so weird there was no way anyone would ever enjoy it.

Have some opinions changed because the show is now winning? I hope that's not the reason. But I do hope that this is used as a reason for some fans to give shows a chance to develop before declaring the products dead on arrival.

Cadets do have a brilliantly-conceived show. Cavaliers have a wonderful easy-to-appreciate show. And there are corps currently under both the top two corps that have a chance to do amazing things in the last two weeks.

You know, everyone #####es about the amount of negativity (ESPECIALLY directed towards the Cadets), then you ##### when there's no negativity! Talk about no-win situation.

So what if people jumped on the bandwagon? Or that the haters shut up and the lovers came out of play? Of course there are going to be bandwagon-jumpers when a corps takes down a dynasty. The Cadets, despite their illustrious history, are recent underdogs compared to the Cavaliers. You, Mr. Boo, as a face/voice of DCI, should be happy the haters have shut up.