SCV 2005: most underated show of all time?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The visual judges are apparently saying that unless SCV also does those types of things, they will not be competitive with the corps who do.

Does that help?

Not really. I, and many others I'm sure, still don't believe that any judge would say anything like that. They don't make a habit of telling corps that you have to do *this* before you get *that*.

Someone asked about the drum book.  It's nothing especially demanding and the snare line can't play drags together.  This is not a drummer's show.  People go on and on about the drill but the biggest disappointment is the drumline.

That's strange ... I'm a horn player and I thought the biggest disappointment was the hornline. Refer to my first post on this thread (or my review of the Charleston show) for my particular thoughts on that.

That's strange ... I'm a horn player and I thought the biggest disappointment was the hornline.  Refer to my first post on this thread (or my review of the Charleston show) for my particular thoughts on that.

You gotta admit though that when the reigning World Champion drumline gets beaten by the corps currently sitting in 12th place, that it is most definitely a BIG disappointment.

Edited by ssorrell

[

QUOTE]

I don't want to betray anyone's confidence by telling you what the SCV reaction has been to that. I just thought it would be helpful if the forum members knew they have been told that a lack of dancing is hurting them, at least to some (probably immeasurable) degree.

Personally, I think you already betrayed a confidence by sharing anything you may (or may not have) heard from the SCV staff. I would never share something like that in a public forum.

I haven't seen all the top twelve corps yet, in fact I've only been to one show all season since I'm saving up my $$$ for Foxboro, but I don't recall having noticed PR or Scouts hornlines "dancing" much, and they're doing pretty well this year ... :blink:

Dancing aside....perhaps playing in tune and marching in step with good articulation of the feet while maintaining form control and spacing might help them as well.