I Have Not Seen BD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truthfully, the fact that BD blatantly stole the idea from Logan sort of bothered me considering how innovative (and impresive) it was when Logan did it.  I don't remember if the Logan show had narration, though...

Scott Chandler has been the caption head at Logan for quite some time, as well as at the Blue Devils, so I don't think that you can really look at it like BD "stole the idea" when it was his idea in the first place! Maybe someone out there can clarify if Scott was the caption head in 1999, but I am 99% positive that he was.

Scott Chandler has been the caption head at Logan for quite some time, as well as at the Blue Devils, so I don't think that you can really look at it like BD "stole the idea" when it was his idea in the first place! Maybe someone out there can clarify if Scott was the caption head in 1999, but I am 99% positive that he was.

Oh, I'm positive that Scott Chandler was there in 1999. I guess, what I meant to say is that I didn't like that it was being redone. It is a copy of another show whether or not it was his idea originally because Blue Devils is an entirely different organization than Logan (although the membership may be similar :) . I think my wording was to severe, though... I just meant to state that it was hard to see such an original show be redone. It sort of losses its magic when it's something you've seen before.

OMG, this show.. ampssuck ampssuck...the "yowza, yowza yowza" is annoying and gives me a headache, along with the rest of the annoying silly narration. Everytime my husband was asking me "when is this going to stop?" I'm thinking the same thing... :blink:

Of course, I didn't see the drill, I only heard the audio..from Indianapolis.

As far as the horn line, it is also the same old same old, bleeps and bloops. It started off with some rich things going on but the same. I didn't hear anything that resembled the blues coming from them. :beer: I heard a lot of the same cliche' bleeps and bloops though.

And those famous mellophone runs..sorry but it seems like everyone is going through some type of identity crisis this year if you ask me. :beer:

I didn't think I could like a show worse then The Cadets this year, but this one is worse then The Cadets to me... :)

Okay I'm off my soap box now.. b**bs :ramd:

Edited by Lancerlady

i agree, this show just doesnt' do it for me, it sounds like every other blue devils show in the history of DCI(not to down the BD's, its worked for 11 championships), this corps is too talented for a show as boring as this. With that said, i wish the BD's the best of luck in choosing a show next year.

i agree, this show just doesnt' do it for me, it sounds like every other blue devils show in the history of DCI(not to down the BD's, its worked for 11 championships), this corps is too talented for a show as boring as this. With that said, i wish the BD's the best of luck in choosing a show next year.

EVERY show? Well you sure don't make blanket statements <**>

Every year it's the same reviews...this year seems to be even more vindictive(sp). I would love to see the corps skip a year and tour Europe and Asia. And if proven succesful, continue to do so.

Complain about that!

i'm wondering how much longer we'll keep hearing these people complain about the narration in bd's show..

please.. for the love of GOD!! FIND SOMETHING ELSE to complain about!!

for the last time.. IT WORKS with their show.. how else could they describe that the show is a reverse of a dance derby??? NOBODY would have gotten that idea...

and apparently some STILL don't, probably cause they're too busy complaining about the narration and not paying attention to whats being narrated..

Good luck picking a show next year???? wow.. ... and what GREAT IDEAS do you have for a show???