Drum corps, todays, yesterdays, you

Who are you? 

:P

Haha, my thoughts exactly. :blink:

G, I didn't know you had it in ya. Thank you for an excellent read, it was a certainly a kinder, gentler G than we had on these boards recently. I wouldn't mind hearing more from him. :)

Now DCI wants to make electrics on the field a standard.  And there's my line in the sand.  Since you can turn up the volume with an amp, why bother playing any louder?  In fact, you would only NEED four horns on the field playing into a mic. 

That being said, I still enjoy the shows.  I still pay to go to the local shows.  But BIG BUSINESS DCI needs to back off!

Putting my opinion on amps aside, I thought I should point out that DCI had nothing to do with allowing amps. Rule changes are voted on by the corps directors.

I hate to say this but "DCI" has become nothing but a 6 to 8 week band camp for the upcoming high school and college football seaon.

Enough said!!!!!!

CODI

Wow, what an ignorant comment! <**>

I actually like this topic.

Alright,

I have come to accept that most people will not change on there standings with amps. I personally could care less whether they stay or go. I dont like it when people become stereotypical about a corps if they use amps, but that's the persons opinion, and I respect it.

I like almost everything. I LOVE drum corps. As some of the oldER folks on this site lose interest, I gain it. Shows constantly impress me, and I can't yet imagine what it takes to make shows so perfect. I can't wait till I become apart of something so important.

I dislike the fact that the drum corps community has a hard time getting along with eachother.

I just love drum corps.. that's all there is to it. I could care less about amplification. I couldn't even tell at either of the shows I have been to.

~>conner

Very well said Connor! I wish you the best of luck marching DCI in 2006, and I highly suggest not reading DCP until after you age out! ^0^

Great post and I agree with almost all of it. I have been going to drum corps events off and on for most of my adult life since 1973. I never marched; I discovered drum corps after I graduated from the U of Md. I was always active in marching band.

That said, I guess I have always been more tolerant of change because I don't have any personal involvement in the activity. If something is changed, I don't look at it as a potential rejection of how I used to do it, instead I only accept or reject it for its effect.

I was very concerned about amps, but I am solidly in the corner of using them for pits. The Cavaliers second movement (baseball) could never be pulled off without amps to allow that level of musicianship. The snapping fingers in 007 last year and BD's train sounds were fantastic. I want more. But I draw the line at the human voice. I have yet to hear anything that I have liked. It doesn't ruin it for me, but I don't like it. It can be drum speak, narration, singing, or (ugh) poetry, I hate it all. I do wish that DCI would rein this in. But I will still pay to attend and cheer for all the corps.

DCI needs to add woodwinds or it might die as an organization.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm just kidding, woodwinds blow.  We should find a way to make gasoline out of them.

nah.. we just need to get the woodwinds and plant them in the ground and hopefully they'll turn back into Trees.

Very well said Connor!  I wish you the best of luck marching DCI in 2006, and I highly suggest not reading DCP until after you age out!  ^0^

lol, I know.

oh well.

~>conner

DCI needs to add woodwinds or it might die as an organization.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm just kidding, woodwinds blow.  We should find a way to make gasoline out of them.

i wanna see what people do they the day they get passed.