West Chester PA

this season

IS OVER!!!

i knew pretty much at what i saw in san antonio that this years cadets show was weird, but VERY entertaining, and was the best product on the field..

here is what i'd like to see

#2 Tie BD and Phantom

#4 Cav's

#5 Bluecoats

#6 Madison

#7 Crown

#8 SCV

#9 Boston

#10 Blue Knight

#11 Colts

#12 Crossmen

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is very 1986 BD esque.  They scored a 97 at Denver... 8 days before finals

Well, It's a HUGE score, yes. But let's look back to 2002.

On July 31, the Cadets scored a 96.15 in Salem, VA. :blah:

It was not 8 days before finals. It was 10.

10 days later at finals, the Cadets scored 96.75.

That's a .6 increase in 10 days. Yowza!

So, I guess a 96.5 doesn't mean THAT much 8 days before finals. Head to head competition is the only true measure. Yes, they are ahead right now. I'm just saying that a 96.5 with 8 days to go has been done before.

IN FACT! With 8 days to go in the 2002 season, the Cadets scored a 96.4. That's just .1 lower than today. That deserves two yowzas! :blink:

Anything can happen, folks.

Good luck to all competing corps! :blink:

I was at the show last night and have to a few comments....

Okay, the Cadets show is definitely controversial, but they were on fire. This show is flat out impressive and the performance level is incredible.

This was my first time seeing Blue Knights and Bluecoats this season. As one of the few who really felt the Blue Knights were grossly overrated last year, I was really impressed with the show this year. This is a very good show and they perform it really well.

Bluecoats -- WOW. They have really stepped-up their game and are prepared to play with the big guys. Okay I'll say it again, WOW. Congratulations Bluecoats!

Finally, I am still curious to see how this Crossmen show ends the season. Honestly, it certainly seems like a top 12 show to me, but I've not seen Spirit since early in the season and haven't seen the Colts. On a side note, in the past few years it’s seemed to me the guard was steadily going down hill, but they’ve improved immensely this year. Who knows, maybe they can still pull out a top 12 finish… good luck Crossmen.

Good morning:

Two moments to remember...the start of the show and the end of the show!

FIRST CORPS

Jersey Surf's homage to the fallen. They have this trunk covered in decals of corps gone by. They play "Send in the Clowns" and a solo guard member pulls out a red hightop sneaker (Velvet Knights) and then a yellow Bridgemen jacket. Their show "An Evening with the Pops" gives us classical music a la VK = humor and fun! The end like all good symphonic evenings with the 1812 Overture mixed with Stars & Stripes Forever...with blasting 'fireworks' from the pit and huge banners creating an artistic US flag. Wow! They're my new heros! Keep up the great work!!

ENCORE CORPS

Crossmen...you are awesome! The pit began with a little Axel music as the rest of the musicians arc'd up. They made Crossmen hugely happy with "Russian Xmas Music" - great lower brass for this. And then into major fun with "Radar Love". Hooya! Played once and the brass comes roaring to the front lines - woulda jumped the fence had they the ability to scale a wall. Gotta love the few that made chairs their personal elevation! Powerful, fun, and audience interactive! Do well, Bones!

MAV

ENCORE CORPS

Crossmen...you are awesome! The pit began with a little Axel music as the rest of the musicians arc'd up. They made Crossmen hugely happy with "Russian Xmas Music" - great lower brass for this. And then into major fun with "Radar Love".  Hooya! Played once and the brass comes roaring to the front lines - woulda jumped the fence had they the ability to scale a wall. Gotta love the few that made chairs their personal elevation! Powerful, fun, and audience interactive! Do well, Bones!

MAV

YAY! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post about this!!!! How great was that encore??! I was right on the other side of the fence and they rocked! Those kids are definitely having the time of their lives.

I'm biased since I just love this show, so I didn't want to be the first to post about the encore and have been curious all day as to who stuck around for it.

RCM gave us alums a few tears and some goosebumps.... it was a great way to end the evening.

Glad to hear that someone other than Xmen alums and the diehard band kids stayed for it! Everyone that hopped into their cars to race up to Allentown sure missed out!

Edited by kac

As Madison seems to be stalling out, Bluecoats may have just passed them for good for 5th. Now if they can close on Blue Devils.

Well, It's a HUGE score, yes.  But let's look back to 2002. 

On July 31, the Cadets scored a 96.15 in Salem, VA.  :blah:

It was not 8 days before finals.  It was 10. 

10 days later at finals, the Cadets scored 96.75.

That's a .6 increase in 10 days.  Yowza!

So, I guess a 96.5 doesn't mean THAT much 8 days before finals.  Head to head competition is the only true measure.  Yes, they are ahead right now.  I'm just saying that a 96.5 with 8 days to go has been done before.

IN FACT!  With 8 days to go in the 2002 season, the Cadets scored a 96.4.  That's just .1 lower than today.  That deserves two yowzas!  :blink:

Anything can happen, folks. 

Good luck to all competing corps!    :blink:

Compare their 02 production with their 05 production. . .enough said.