Glassmen and Crossmen

I have never been a fan of the Glassmen. I just never found them entertaining to me. However, this year, they neither look nor sound like the Glassmen I know. Their show, in my opinion, is one of the most entertaining shows on tour, and I've seen all division I corps. I find it hard to believe that I just typed that last sentence. I don't know who you hired Glassmen, but hang on to them. This year, you look and sound FANTASTIC!!! BRAVO!

The Crossmen is another corps that has an intertaining show as usual, but they just aren't getting the nod from the judges. Yes, I know a show also has to be clean. My question to the judges might be, "Do you factor in difficulty in your scoring? If not, why don't all corps just basically stand still (that would keep the drill clean) or just march some basic symetrical shapes and blow? If the Crossmen don't get into finals, it will be the fans that lose out and in my opinion, DCI's 2005 top 12 dvd will always be missing one of the best shows of the year.

I just hope everyone on the show field is being fair and honest. :(

j.m.o.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen are falling behind because of the music they're playing. Besides, it's not like they've ever had the greatest drill, because they DO stand around alot.

What's wrong with their choice of music? Too entertaining, right? Let's not have too much entertaining of fans at a drum corps show, okay. Cavies won with 007. You'll have to do better than thqt. Stand around a lot? I guess you haven't seen their show. You want to see standing around, look at 12th.

I don't know who you hired Glassmen, but hang on to them.  This year, you look and sound FANTASTIC!!!  BRAVO!

They hired KEVIN STAHL!!!! He was my visual caption head my two years in DCI. Go Kevin!!! :blink:

What's wrong with their choice of music?  Too entertaining, right?  Let's not have too much entertaining of fans at a drum corps show, okay.  Cavies won with 007.  You'll have to do better than thqt.

If a corps isn't as clean as other corps, they will be scored accordingly. I assure you the Crossmen (or any other corps) are not being penalized for being too entertaining. The very concept is hilarious.

And by the way, Cavies '04 is AWESOME!!! :blink::blink:

I assure you the Crossmen (or any other corps) are not being penalized for being too entertaining.  The very concept is hilarious.

Maybe that's why so many of us look at DCI and laugh (or cry as the case may be).

It's not that they are penalized for being entertaining. The penalty is for not being stand-offish and cow college high brow enough. IMNSHO, the pseudo intellectuals with the clipboards are making a statement on the direction of the activity at the expense of the kids (as judges have been known to do so many times before).

It shouldn't make any difference what they play if it incites the desired reaction.

(IMNSHO - in my not so humble opinion)

Maybe that's why so many of us look at DCI and laugh (or cry as the case may be). 

It's not that they are penalized for being entertaining.  The penalty is for not being stand-offish and cow college high brow enough.  IMNSHO, the pseudo intellectuals with the clipboards are making a statement on the direction of the activity at the expense of the kids (as judges have been known to do so many times before).

It shouldn't make any difference what they play if it incites the desired reaction. 

In my humble opinion you should xxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by MikeD

It's not that they are penalized for being entertaining.  The penalty is for not being stand-offish and cow college high brow enough.  IMNSHO, the pseudo intellectuals with the clipboards are making a statement on the direction of the activity at the expense of the kids (as judges have been known to do so many times before).

Yeah ok. So are you saying Crossmen should be top 6 this year? Watch Crossmen and then watch the top six and tell me what you think.

I don't care what anybody says about the music being played. The Crossmen are not being criticized for the music they have chosen. They are simply not at the same level as the corps placing higher than them. I'm sick of this conspiracy theory. All you have to do is see the shows live to know that the judges are being fair.

Edited by ekleve