MADISON SCOUTS..Out of Gas..Down for the Count

These are my feelings..I'm sure plenty of you think I'm full of it. To be honest I dont' really care. I have my reasons which are very personal and probably not what most folks would think of for me feeling the way I do. I'm proud - very VERY proud- of what my brothers have been able to do with the vehicle given to them. They are performing the heck out of it. I'm just not sold on what "it" is.

CM

Scout9193,

If I may be so bold as to say, No brother, you’re not full of it! I find it a very difficult thing at times to explain to one trying to understand the Scouts while they're trying to make judgments from the outside looking in. It's compounded sometimes when our comments are furthermore interpreted as being arrogant. What can I say, I plead guilty to being taught a take no prisoners attitude while marching with the Scouts! I like the fact that a show should leave me as an emotional basket case. I'll give you some of my more recent favorites, The Cossack Brotherhood, The Pirates of Lake Mendota, Jesus Christ Superstar and 2001 was a phenomenal book. For me, these aforementioned shows are the types of Madison programs that I point to and say, look, if you want to know what I'm talking about, give those years a listen. I and you could mention so many others but the point being, we know what a Madison show should be, it's in our DNA. When I go to long without that fix, well, it aint pretty! I’m heartened that there are those that are getting something from this year’s program. Again, I'm sorry, but I was wrecked and emotionally scared by something greater and gall darn it all, I want it back!!!!

Sincerely,

Madsop75