Lame timpanists? Or lame instructors?

SWriverstone

To anyone reading this thread...I just checked in a few months after making all my earlier posts (life's kept me busy!). I'll try to monitor the thread a bit more often, but in case I don't, if anyone has any questions about timpani technique, scoring, etc. feel free to send me a private message---I'll get those regardless and am happy to help anyway possible.

If any drum corps staffs are interested in having me come do a timpani clinic for pit members, I'd be happy to do that as well, for only the cost of my travel expenses. Just send a private message and we can talk more.

Thanks,

Scott Wilkinson

(SWriverstone)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently discoverd this thread and was very impressed by the overall quality of discussion. Mr. Wilkinson has offered some excellent insight on tympani performance. I would strongly encourage any students or corps instructional staff to take advantage of his generous offer to share his expertise.

I agree. As a non-percussionist, but someone who is entering the music education field, I have followed this thread and have found a lot of interesting points. Thanks to all who have contributed.

• 7 months later...

Hi again to anyone reading this thread. :)

Once again, I've been completely out of the drum corps loop this season---I missed it, but life took me in some other directions (a job change as well as other hobbies like motorcycling, hang gliding, distance cycling, etc.).

It sounds like some people have gotten something worthwhile from my comments---I'm glad! And I'd still enjoy working with anyone who is interested. Just send me a private message and I'll be sure to stay on top of responses.

But this isn't a veiled attempt at getting teaching gigs---I'm happy to offer any advice here too. So feel free to ask any questions you might have here, and I'll do what I can to respond!

Regards,

Scott Wilkinson

Harpers Ferry, WV