The one bad thing...

Would be the bazillion conspiracy theorists that would come out of the woodwork, and the gazillion posts from people who would look to do nothing but put down Regiment's show and say how it isn't worthy -regardless of the validity of that statement.

You know, kinda like what happened in 1996 on RAMD. :P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I really doubt this would happen this year. Being the Cadets and Bluecoats homer that I am, I think that anyone who has seen Phantom in 2005 should know just how complete their show is. I love Cadets and Cavaliers this year. I really do. They are amazing. And they offer completely different styles in show design. BUT...Phantom really does have the most complete musical/visual show on the field. It's a stunner! You are left gasping for air, trying to define the magical feeling that their show delivers.

It will be tough for them because they are going to have to jump into the top 2 in a few captions to take it all. I think they can, but Cadets are really performing right now. Their show is getting so clean that, in Pittsburgh, I could see and hear the really nit-picky kinds of errors. Phantom's drums and brass should do just fine in performance, and I think their GE music scores will be better. They perhaps do not feature their percussion section like Cavaliers and Cadets do and that may be hurting them in music GE, but I like the way their percussion is integrated into the fabric of this show. Color guard needs to nail it finals night. If visual ex is where they usually score, then it will definitely be a close call.

I think it will be:

1. Cadets 98.7- simply performing too well

2. Phantom 97.9 - darkhorse in deed, will jump Cavies

3. Cavaliers 97. 5 - awesome show, great closer, could also win

Jonathan