The one bad thing...

Holy DCP Hiccup, Batman! :blink:

Edited by Machine

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I stated in another thread.....Phantom is my new fave corps! Never a real fan until now.....and I may have to drive to Foxboro just to see this show again. It is the most complete package out there. The first poster had it right, the show is GE+++ and just plain awsome.

The jonnyboy of two days ago whould laugh at this, but......GO PHANTOM!!

Side note: I hope they win.

Would be the bazillion conspiracy theorists that would come out of the woodwork, and the gazillion posts from people who would look to do nothing but put down Regiment's show and say how it isn't worthy -regardless of the validity of that statement.

You know, kinda like what happened in 1996 on RAMD.  :P

I thought today's average DCP poster was 2 1/2 in 1996. :P

I am both a Regiment honk and critic. Allentown was my first viewing of all corps. Regiment has certainly stepped up to the plate in visual this year and I did not find it to dissimilar to the Cadets or Cavies, both of whom I believe have not put out their best visual product. Thus you have melody (Regiment) Vs snippets (Cavies) Vs notes (Cadets). In the end, I believe the judges, for now, prefer notes. Thus Cadets will win.

Lastly, I was hoping they (Regiment) would have finished a bit closer, say within 1.5. However, I would not be surprised if they did take silver next Saturday. The difference between these three shows is in concept. One does not stand out as head and sholders above the others in terms of complexity (visually).

Rocketman - pass me a beer

ampssuck

Phantom has my favorite show this year, I wouldn't mind seeing them win. You are right conspiracies would abound...and a few other things would change:

1 - The slotting conspiracy would DIE until the second show of 2006 when someone repeats their ordinal position.

2 - There was light rain at finals and the conspiracy hounds found out that the judges awarded the gold medal to the corps with the most umbrellas...Phantom, one for each guard and many horns sharing, Cadets - just one, and who wears a slicker anymore?

3 - It was found out that the music GE judge is of French decent and awarded the top spot to American in Paris.

4 - Everyone will blame George Hopkins...win or lose. (our favorite conspiracy)

To the collective...just kidding...do not assimilate me. :blink:

Would be the bazillion conspiracy theorists that would come out of the woodwork, and the gazillion posts from people who would look to do nothing but put down Regiment's show and say how it isn't worthy -regardless of the validity of that statement.

You know, kinda like what happened in 1996 on RAMD.  :P

NIKK!

Brotha! What a theory that would be. I have not seen Phantom's show this year except on the Season Pass (yes, I am a subscriber). I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I hope they win but I don't think they will overtake Cadets (once again, I hope they do). Will be watching in anticipation in Hunsville at the theater!! :worthy: