Worcester review( short )

A couple of quick snap shot impressions ( It's late ) of the Corps in Worcester

EAST COAST JAZZ........thought they were entertaining and MUCH improved from early July. Nice music.....fits the talent level of the Corps perfectly. Nice solists, good drumline and guard. Closer was a gas... nice ovation from the appreciative crowd too.

KIWANIS KAVALIERS.....different look both uniform wise and show wise..... I'm not too keen with their music.....seemed to difficult for the members ability level, and the drum line parts didn't seem to fit with the music

TROOPERS........small brass line that projected well. Corps still marches and plays proudly......nice closer. I enjoyed them. So didn't the crowd here. ' Hope to see them back in Mass. next year.

SEATTLE CASCADES.....large brass line... good tonal quality in the brass line.....well schooled in brass technigue..... musically unfulfilling however. for this fan.... incoherent theme went nowhere with the audience in my section.......closer boring... tepid show with no musical impact points to speak of and this generated a tepid crowd response. at the end.....

SPIRIT......saw them in July....they have discarded the show banners....they seemed a little flat today....this corps needs to step it up this week in my opinion as a finalist slot is by no means a guarantee. " Luck be a Lady " was nice....hard working drum line and a good one......

BLUE KNIGHTS.....deep, dark, lower brass line was terrific......loved the drum charts played.....this Corps was a pleasant surprise for me. Some real innovative musical nuances being done by this Corps....tuba line was awesome in the opener......and the closer completed a well designed dark show pulled off rather well, I thought.

SCVANGUARD......reports of this corps a shadow of itself is just dead wrong in my opinion.... The visual design lacks complexity compared with some other Corps, true.....but the Corps has clarity in the brass line and more controlled volume than other Corps......musically, RCM was a real treat for this fan, and the Corps marching technique still seems a notch above other Corps......loved the closer musically......

BOSTON CRUSADERS......nice show from this Corps this year. Good use of color in the flags.....pleasing music, pleasing drill, albeit not breaking any new ground here either......great finish of show as closer works really well both musically and visually. Nice overall package this year....Corps seemed to want to please the fans this year with their show.....I'd say they succeeded with this fan.

PHANTOM REGIMENT......what a GREAT show Phantom has this year.....a couple of dropped pieces of equipment could not damper the fans love for their show. Recognizeable music that offered just the right amount of novelty and adaptation for innovative purposes, yet maintaiining the integrity of Gershwin's work brought to Brass and percussion. I don't care where the judges place this Corps this year. They are my personal favorite Drum Corps show for 2005.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

A couple of quick snap shot impressions ( It's late ) of the Corps in Worcester

w0w, great review! i was there and I concur right down the line.

ever since i arrived in NE i have been looking at that field driving thru wo0stah thinking, "that would be great for a show."

it was, except the hiway is close enough to be heard and then there are the honking geniuses . .

Nice job BAC!

Thanks Lieut., Sir, may I have another? :P

w0w, great review! i was there and I concur right down the line.

ever since i arrived in NE i have been looking at that field driving thru wo0stah thinking, "that would be great for a show."

it was, except the hiway is close enough to be heard and then there are the honking geniuses . .

Nice job BAC!

Thanks Lieut., Sir, may I have another? :P

Thanks. Enjoy your stay. I'm looking forward to seeing these Corps and the others at Finals week. Whether I'll post a review depends upon time. Looking forward to catching up with some Drum Corps Nuts like myself in Foxboro who get togther every so often. It seems the stories get a little more embellished with time, and we never fail to laugh at them despite the embelllishment over time and the passing of the years....haha!

Edited by Lieut. General Effect