Anyone else crack up in San Antonio...

So if you weren't at San Antonio this year and don't know, right after the last corps performed (happened to be Cavaliers), a big group of HS band kids came out onto the field with the Cavaliers for what we all thought was going to be some kind of exhibition show. These were kids who had participated in the afternoon clinic with Cavaliers to rehearse this "mini show". Anyway, the HS kids got all set up around the corps guys (just on the periphery of the field, basically), a horns up was given, and they all started playing the current Cavaliers show. ....then about 16 seconds later...they stopped. Horns down, everybody marched off the field. :ph34r:

I think most of us were expecting a little more. :lolhit:

Same thing happend last season at the Louisville show. Band kids came out with the Cavies and we were all lined up and ready to march out for retreat. So we watch and suddenly, out of thin air, we hear:

"GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK GLOCK"

The Doctor Beat was turned on, and it stayed on for their whole joint production.

We almost died laughing.

Maybe you guys thought it was funny, but those kids probably had a great experience, and a positive drum corps performance.

Aren't you guys the same types that vehemently defend the value of smaller, younger corps? How much do you think you would want to do if you were the Cavies in that sitch?

Laugh if you will, but those kids were in awe...

There wasn't any disrespect meant. We just thought it was hilarious to hear a doctor beat turned on for the Cavies. Come on, on tour you gotta laugh when you can.

Ease up there, Drumcat. Nobody was laughing at the kids I don't think. I know I sure wasn't. The kids did great and I'm sure it was the highlight of their summer. I just know that a lot of people (including myself) were laughing at the disparity between the length of the "performance" and the amount of hype it had received before hand. :)

Also, the amount of music + drill they had designated for the BOA kids was done because with this BOA/Cavaliers Experience in its first year, the staff and BOA people were unsure of how much to put in there and were not aware of how many kids would sign up. It really wasnt hyped all that much IMHO. I never really saw anything anywhere around the Alamodome.