Chuck is the King!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In general terms, Mr. King was significantly lower than the percussion 1 judge tonight - with the exception of Crown which he scored nearly a point higher than the percussion 1 judge.

Cary

Let's face it, this guy has had too many screw ups with his numbers at some major DCI shows, and someone within the DCI management needs to either can him, or give him some remedial numbers management classes! I vote foe the can!!

I don't think Chuck King would be used if DCI had no other choice.

On a side bar....CK should is judging finals week....as has been said...he is probably the guy in the pentagon that pays 200 dollars for a hammer and then exclaims:

GREAT NUMBER!!!!!

lol

Edited by decompressed

On a side bar....CK should not be judging finals week....as has been said...he is probably the guy in the pentagon that pays 200 dollars for a hammer and then exclaims:

GREAT NUMBER!!!!!

lol

BA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

Scores in his caption were considerably lower than the previous night's scores, it appears.

Bluecoats had a great show last night. Not sure what was up with this.

No excuse for this - PERIOD. Wasn't there a similar issue with the Colorguard judge in Quarters? I don't quite recall it being as blatant as this, but there were grumbles Thursday night! As far as "new" judges go for the future, could they be any worse when compared to THIS?? :sshh:

Edited by OKTrpt

OK, I'll say it...

Wouldn't the other option be, oh, I don't know, SLOTTING??

It bothers some of you that he would rank the 'coats drums lower than they had been scoring this season. It bothers me that some people don't think the 'coats can have a 5th place performance in drums one night and a 9th place performance the next night.

What if this scenario happens - say the Blooo drums finish first tonight (as they have shown they can do this year). Couldn't the Cadet borg then start screaming - "We were on top in drums almost all year, and the Bluecoats were way back in the pack. That judge is a *^$!!"

I'm almost, I don't know, encouraged when a judges numbers are way off the average. Seems to me they are calling it like they see it.

OK, I'll say it...

It bothers some of you that he would rank the 'coats drums lower than they had been scoring this season.  It bothers me that some people don't think the 'coats can have a 5th place performance in drums one night and a 9th place performance the next night.

What if this scenario happens - say the Blooo drums finish first tonight (as they have shown they can do this year).  Couldn't the Cadet borg then start screaming - "We were on top in drums almost all year, and the Bluecoats were way back in the pack.  That judge is a *^$!!"

I'm almost, I don't know, encouraged when a judges numbers are way off the average.  Seems to me they are calling it like they see it.

Although you have some good points...it still is Chuck King...he is famous for controversy surrounding him.

Edited by decompressed

I'm almost, I don't know, encouraged when a judges numbers are way off the average. Seems to me they are calling it like they see it.

The difference here, though, is that there are *2* percussion judges and Bluecoats had the biggest spread between the scores: 1.6 points. Thats big. Too big. And yes, I do find it hard to believe that a drumline that was placing 1st not 2 weeks ago could somehow drop to 9th even when they had a stellar show.

OK, I'll say it...

It bothers some of you that he would rank the 'coats drums lower than they had been scoring this season.  It bothers me that some people don't think the 'coats can have a 5th place performance in drums one night and a 9th place performance the next night.

I'm almost, I don't know, encouraged when a judges numbers are way off the average.  Seems to me they are calling it like they see it.

So that's cool and everything that you dig the loose cannon and all, but the level of performance excellence jumped up drastically between Thursday and Friday for 'Coats. So the whole "they had a bad night" thing doesn't work here, sorry.

Plus, as has already been stated, this guy has a rep for "missing the boat".