2007 Rose Bowl - Pasedena

Oh come on. Traffic is traffic. No one is going to have to spend four hours in traffic. I commute from downtown to the Pomona area. On good days it takes 30 minutes, on not so good days it could take up to 90 minutes. Never 4. :)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to combat the traffic issue, the drive from I-8 (East or West) to the stadium, or from I-805 or I-15 South isn't bad at all!

Haha, they're not going to house corps in Tijuana or Ensenada.

For one thing-AWESOME! I can actually be at a major show less than 30 minutes from my house. Hotel-finally won't need one! Parking-won't need to drive too much-you'll want to take advantage of parking off site and taking a bus in (which, if DCI works it out, will be easier to get you in/out of the Bowl area) OR take advantage of the park areas around the bowl and have one awesome tailgate party (which, will probably be my option). You can count on seeing me somewhere on the 50 yardline with my friends and family in tow because there won't be much of ANYTHING that'll cause me to miss this. This may be one of those things that won't come around much in my lifetime, so I'm going to make the best of it. I'd even volunteer to help out with logistics and planning (not like I have to get ready for h.s. band camp the next week). I'm usually just sitting around the first of August anyway. Dan Acheson said at the Santa Ana show a few years back when someone asked him face to face when DCI Finals would be out here on the west coast-he said "not likely in the future" (or something like that). Glad to see he can change his mind.

OKay, now that we've got finals out here.  Who's pushing for Precision West, Pacific Procession, and Moonlight Classic to be the shows that lead into finals!

Imagine most of the top twelve in Spartan Stadium............or most of the top twelve at Precision West with the stands so close to the track.......

RUMORS HAVE IT.. Plans are already in the work to make this happen. Top twelve at Spartan Stadium... :blush:

Brew Ha ha!!!

B) CALIFORNIA HERE I COME!!!

WAIT ! I LIVE HERE!!! :blush:

It might be Esperanza's home show but it will be a nice evening to see the return of 300 plus ANAHEIM KINGSMEN ALUMNI CORPS cadet jackets on the field under the lights. It will be our 35th anniversary of winning the very first DCI and a very nice night to finally hear the scores read from 1972 that we never enjoyed 35 yeaars ago.

SCV 40th Anniversary, big things already in the works for the organization:

A Corps

Cadet Corps

Alumni Corps

HEY! It'll be in Califreakinfornia (let alone the West) for the first time in 33 years (and more counting the pre-DCI years). I wouldn't care if they had it in Coalinga, CA or Kennewick, WA! I'll be there!

Hey, how about my back pasture here in the Madera Ranchos, Central CA. B)

If I had known DCI was serious about coming west I could have offered my pasture for free. We could have brought in some bleachers from the local highschool, circled the field with the bus lights for evening performances and borrowed the Cavies ladders for the high shots. B)

Oh well, since they probably won't come back for another 33 years we will have plenty of time to build a state of the art facility to host the event. And, possibly by then the Madera Dons can move up from a fantasy drum corps to a div I corps.

But seriously folks, I have heard for years that many of the eastern div II/III corps just couldn't travel all the way to the west coast. To them I would suggest that they talk to corps like the Mandarins and the Pacific Crest as well as others to see how they can afford the trip east each year. They spend their funds wisely and if you check their schedules they stay in the west near home up until the last two weeks before they head east for a few shows and finals.

I would expect that if the Rose Bowl can handle crowds of over 90,000 for the Rose Bowl game every year handling the considerabley smaller crowds for DCI should be a piece of cake. Granted, the roads into the bowl aren't super highways but the Bowl sets in between two major freeways and can handle parking for over 90,000 people.

Thankyou DCI.

Denver isn't that far for the corps. They left Denver last year on a Sunday after finals and performed in San Diego, what Tuesday or Wednesday night?  And that was after spending an entire day in either Cedar City or St. George, Utah to rehearse.  Next show after Denver would be either Salt Lake or Las Vegas.  BK traveled 550 miles a few weeks ago overnight.  The Denver show would retain its Saturday night status, then either a Grand Junction or Glenwood Springs show on Sunday or Monday, Salt Lake or Las Vegas Tuesday or Wednesday night, then a show or two in San Diego to seed that area for L.A.  The other route could be San Antonio on the same Saturday, Midland/El Paso on Sunday or Monday nights, Phoenix area Tuesday or Wednesday night, Las Vegas Thursday or Friday night, and then a San Diego area show Saturday or Sunday night.  All of these cities have drum corps shows in them or have in the past.

Man...I just DROVE that route coming back from Colorado Springs....stayed in Cedar City on the out bound trip- and St. George on the inbound...1100 miles....yech...

OKay, now that we've got finals out here.  Who's pushing for Precision West, Pacific Procession, and Moonlight Classic to be the shows that lead into finals!

Imagine most of the top twelve in Spartan Stadium............or most of the top twelve at Precision West with the stands so close to the track.......

wow...all those corps at diablo stadium? those ticket prices would be astronomical!!!

but since you mentioned moonlight classic...it would be a good show for a corps to attend so that they could get an idea of what the Rose Bowl will sound like...

and yeah, SCV alumni corps....mmmmmm.... b**bs

Edited by 2003Ageout