GILLETTE PARKING $25

That's the first person I have heard who said something on that one. I got yelled (keyword yelled) at by some security guard lady for looking in to see who was playing (at the time the marine corps d&bc) in the middle of the upperdeck while My girlfriend and I were sitting behind the stands waiting for the show to start.

SHe told me if I didn't pay for a seat I had to sit over in some crap section on the outer edge of the stadium. My automatic thoughts was bring up the fact that I do at every other show if I get hassled by ushers....That I spent 850 dollars to be in one of these corps, so the least I could do is sit somewhere decent. But Considering I didnt really want that fight, and looking back on it, I wish I would have layed into the woman.

No offense to those who have aged out, or are just watching dci finals and pay to go there.....but man do members of div 2/3 and semifinalists of div 1 corps get screwed over on that deal.

I was glad I picked out some awesome seats in the upper deck for semi finals, I didnt even end up watching finals after the rain delay.....And I dont even regret it.

peace

I got the same treatment. I told the guy that I paid $5000 (cost of fees + flights) to sit in my seat that was nowhere near anyone else but of course he didn't care. After that my girlfriend and I just sat on the ramp and talked for the rest of the show and I didn't regret that at all.

Another example of the stadium staff being real edit_GD filter circumvention While standing in the parking lot after my performance at semis I witnessed a stadium staff member start yelling at Spirit as they were singing after thier performance to move from where they were. A DCI staff person then yelled at the stadium guy to leave them alone. The stadium guy then yelled that he worked for the stadium not DCI. The DCI guy then yelled that the stadium worked for DCI on that particular night. I didn't hear whatever was said after that but I was pretty ###### off. If I got any part of that wrong and someone from Spirit can correct me please do.

Edited by George

Happy to say that I parked at Gillette Stadium for FREE, thanks to a friend who had an extra corps parking pass that had been issued to a senior corps and was therefore no longer needed.

I took my own food and drinks into the stadium in a backpack, and spent a grand total of $0.00 inside the stadium (excluding the money spent at the corps souvie stands, of course).

And after the totally crappy way that everyone employed by the stadium treated myself and everyone that I spoke with, I am SO happy to have not given them one thin dime of my money.

And DCA was $3. It's not as if you "get what you pay for". it's just parking! However, DCI/Gillette certainly has the mind set of how to increase revenue. Whereas DCA, IMO, was, "whatever, park where ever, have a good time."

Rocketman - DCA Rules

ampssuck

And DCA was $3. It's not as if you "get what you pay for". it's just parking! However, DCI/Gillette certainly has the mind set of how to increase revenue. Whereas DCA, IMO, was, "whatever, park where ever, have a good time."

Rocketman - DCA Rules

ampssuck

yes - and you watched finals at DCA in a baseball stadium and at DCI you watched it in a world-class facility

in many regards - you get what you pay for

Happy to say that I parked at Gillette Stadium for FREE, thanks to a friend who had an extra corps parking pass that had been issued to a senior corps and was therefore no longer needed.

I took my own food and drinks into the stadium in a backpack, and spent a grand total of $0.00 inside the stadium (excluding the money spent at the corps souvie stands, of course).

And after the totally crappy way that everyone employed by the stadium treated myself and everyone that I spoke with, I am SO happy to have not given them one thin dime of my money.

I was treated very well by the stadium staff - in fact (and I am in the business) I'd rank them overall as "excellent"

I thought the lot was nice, well-lit, exit was speedy. I thought the food was very good for "stadium food" and the service at the bars on the club level was excellent.

Amazing how two people at the same place can have such different experiences.

yes - and you watched finals at DCA in a baseball stadium and at DCI you watched it in a world-class facility

in many regards - you get what you pay for

True but, was it worth a 10+ fold difference considering the other "expenses" associated with DCI? Somehow, I don't think so. And don't get me started on the relative "entertainment value" for your dollar. :)

Rocketman - Too cheap

ampssuck

It sounds like the stadium folks need some basic training in "customer service" or something. Don't they know that if they are rude to people who have paid $ to be there that it gives a quite bad impression of their facility? Word gets around.

Parking at San Antonio finals was confusing. I don't remember what I paid but my niece and I left for dinner after prelims before finals. The parking guy said we could come back in. After dinner we drove in another gate and the woman said we needed to pay.

I said that when we left earlier the guy had told us we could come back in. She said she didn't know why he would tell us that and wanted $. So we turned around and went back through another gate and parked. Then I waved at the lady that wanted more $. Was 1/2 of the parking lot paid and half free? I don't know!!!!! Very confusing.

SHe told me if I didn't pay for a seat I had to sit over in some crap section on the outer edge of the stadium. My automatic thoughts was bring up the fact that I do at every other show if I get hassled by ushers....That I spent 850 dollars to be in one of these corps, so the least I could do is sit somewhere decent. But Considering I didnt really want that fight, and looking back on it, I wish I would have layed into the woman.

I think it's great that you invested that kind of money in your summer. But it does not in any way entitle you to a good seat at championships. DCI provides a FREE section of the stadium for corps members to sit in. Of course it's going to be out on the edges...it's FREE.

If you didn't pay the $75 per seat that I paid (times two, including my wife), I don't care who you marched with, you have no buisness trying to scam seats on the 50. You may not have given grief to the stadium staff, but there are planty of disgruntled corps members who did, and I was pretty upset about it...you should know better.

DCI has been doing it this way since they days I was marching and long before. You get the wristband that lets you into all events (for free). If you want a better seat, pay for it.

Amazing how two people at the same place can have such different experiences.

I'm sure not every member of the stadium staff was a jerk, and not every stadium staffer was an angel. But my guess is that more people had an experience similar to mine than yours.

Just as an example, after Friday night's competition, I believe it was, DCI had a reception in one area of the stadium for the DCI staff, corps staffs, souvie staffs, etc. One of the DCI staff members was barred access to the reception by one of the stadium security guys who had a gestapo-mentality. The DCI staffer had on a DCI staff shirt, and had proper credentials, but this idiot security guy just decided he didn't want to allow him access to the area of the stadium where the reception was being held.

And that's just one of many examples that I either personally observed or was told about by those who experienced the shabby treatment.

Yes, I never thought I would say it, but Gillette Stadium really did make Orlando look great.