GILLETTE PARKING $25

Well tonight will bring to $75 what I will have paid to park the rental car for 3 nights of

drum corps. (which is less than I paid to rent the car for 3 days, thanks to PriceLine)

Thought it was interesting that parking for Wednesday night's Major League Soccer

was only $15. Had some folks tell me they watched them change to sign to $25 for

the drum corps fans.

And for that $25 I was not allowed to return to my car to get some medications I

had forgotten without buying another ticket to get into the stadium

Dear DCI...if you come back to Foxboro...I won't. (Parking fees being just one of

the reasons.)

I doubt DCI has much control over it.  Bring it up with the Gillette dude...  besides, I'm pretty sure you saw $15 for a wednesday event.  Those parking types love the weekends...

Yup, Some cities are looking as DCI as a major event now in their town. Parking will increase if stadium management or parking owners realize an event will attract to so many thousands of attendees. It's a trend all over the country. I attend DCI shows , concerts and sporting events all over the USA and am not shocked at the price gouging anymore. It is free enterprise. But if you walked into a McDonalds next to a stadium and noticed they tripled their prices for that day, would you pay as well? Seems like restaurants in airports are already doing that.

• 5 weeks later...

saw this on Monday Morning QB- a weekly piece from SI's Peter King

FACTOID THAT MAY ONLY INTEREST ME

I thought it looked a little, well, gouge-ish last week when, in Foxboro, I saw that it costs $35 to park your car at Gillette Stadium.

Last week's e-mailed Team Marketing Report allowed me to compare it the Pats' East Coast rivals. The Pats charge $20 more than the Giants and Jets charge. They charge $25 more than the Eagles' $10 fee.

One team gets more than $25 for renting a little rectangle of pavement for four hours -- New England. No word if there's gold nuggets in the Foxboro tar

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...qb.week1/2.html

hehe :P

Yup, Some cities are looking as DCI as a major event now in their town.  Parking will increase if stadium management or parking owners realize an event will attract to so many thousands of attendees.  It's a trend all over the country.  I attend DCI shows , concerts and sporting events all over the USA and am not shocked at the price gouging anymore.  It is free enterprise.  But if you walked into a McDonalds next to a stadium and noticed they tripled their prices for that day, would you pay as well?  Seems like restaurants in airports are already doing that.

Foxboro was obnoxious and arrogant with several aspects, like the hike they sent the corps on to reach the stadium, the parking prices, the no pass-outs, the parking and security people who all seemed constantly ticked off and bossy, and the planned bottleneck they sent the entire crowd through after the show on finals night instead of opening more exit gates. Those people ruined what could have been a great venue in a nice stadium. Too bad.

Your point about airports is normally valid. BAA is the company that the Indy airport is outsourced to and one of their requirements for all vendors on the grounds is that they charge the same prices as they would on the street...no gouging. It's ended up increasing their business a bunch. Oh, and the pricing at the RCA Dome for Colts games is maximum $20 and goes down to $10 about 1/3 mile from the stadium.

Well tonight will bring to $75 what I will have paid to park the rental car for 3 nights of

drum corps.  (which is less than I paid to rent the car for 3 days, thanks to PriceLine)

Thought it was interesting that parking for Wednesday night's Major League Soccer

was only $15.  Had some folks tell me they watched them change to sign to $25 for

the drum corps fans.

And for that $25 I was not allowed to return to my car to get some medications I

had forgotten without buying another ticket to get into the stadium

Dear DCI...if you come back to Foxboro...I won't.  (Parking fees being just one of

the reasons.)

You are lucky.... cost $150 for an RV for 3 days, it would have been double if we left a spot in between so we could get out the side door. :huh:

Another reason they should NEVER go back to Foxboro... <**>

and security people who all seemed constantly ticked off and bossy,

That's the first person I have heard who said something on that one. I got yelled (keyword yelled) at by some security guard lady for looking in to see who was playing (at the time the marine corps d&bc) in the middle of the upperdeck while My girlfriend and I were sitting behind the stands waiting for the show to start.

SHe told me if I didn't pay for a seat I had to sit over in some crap section on the outer edge of the stadium. My automatic thoughts was bring up the fact that I do at every other show if I get hassled by ushers....That I spent 850 dollars to be in one of these corps, so the least I could do is sit somewhere decent. But Considering I didnt really want that fight, and looking back on it, I wish I would have layed into the woman.

No offense to those who have aged out, or are just watching dci finals and pay to go there.....but man do members of div 2/3 and semifinalists of div 1 corps get screwed over on that deal.

I was glad I picked out some awesome seats in the upper deck for semi finals, I didnt even end up watching finals after the rain delay.....And I dont even regret it.

peace

I paid the $25 parking price the first night of quarterfinals but parked for $10 the remaining two nights at a lot just down the street from the stadium. After walking almost half a mile from the official parking lots to the stadium, I figured another few hundred yards wouldn't matter. Which leads me to ask, why weren't the lots closer to the stadium (at least closer to the one entrance we were allowed to use) utilized?

So I split Patriot season tickets with some friends. But we pay $40 to park approx 1.5 miles away in a little bar/ resturant.. Who cares. Its just another expense that I pay. I dont ##### about it.. Is it expensive yeah. But complaining about it itsnt going to do anything about it. I could tell the owner that I think he is charging to much then hes going to tell me to park somewhere else. You dont like the cost it is to park, Park somewhere else. Find something else to ##### about... I swear if some of you wernt #####ing and complain you would be dead some of you do nothing but