Bluecoats

Revolution, Div III, is from San Antonio. There was supposed to be another corps from Seguin called Trinity or something like that, but I don't know what happened with that.

Edited by usmcontra

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity is around. They are pretty small but we had the pleasure of performing with them and seeing them perform on two different occassions this year. Hopefully the exposure they got will help them grow. I know it must be tough to recruit for a jr corps when Revolution is so close to them and the kids will naturally want to gravitate toward the larger organization. I believe they were just an exhibition corps this year. We saw them give an exhibition performance on the field in Wichita Falls this year as well as perform with them and Revolution and Frontier (DCA corps from Dallas) in San Antonio earlier this year for a TX Drum Corps Preview show.

Texas has had several failed attempts at drum corps, including one from the early 80's called the Alamo Marksmen. They performed in exhibition in San Antonio and Austin, were the 'sister' corps of the Crossmen at the time.

There were some that almost got proper funding in the mid 80's. There still seems to be an anti-drum corps sentiment in Texas.

But if I ever win the lottery.....

There still seems to be an anti-drum corps sentiment in Texas.

But if I ever win the lottery.....

Revolution is going pretty strong from what I have seen of their organization this past year. I fear that Trinity is going to have a tough road to get anywhere since they are basically trying to recruit right there in Revolution's shadow. I dont see Texas as "anti-drum corps"....its more like they are drum corps newbies. Give 'em a few more years to grow and who knows what could happen. There are 4 corps in TX now counting the 2 DCA corps and I think there are plans to try to get another DCA corps in the Austin/San Antonio area up and running in the next few years.