Bandettes Are Back!

The Bandettes Are Back!

We are proud to announce that we will be back for the 2006 season! The parade corps this summer was very successful. We raised a significant amount of money while giving the members experience performing. Members of the parade corps will be returning plus we have several new members as well, in total about 20 to start with. Financially the corps is stable. Our web site is experiencing an influx of activity. Our recruiting plan is in the final stages of development. Everything is on track for a prosperous year!

We are currently looking for enthusiastic and dedicated staff members. We are accepting applications for brass caption head, percussion caption head or tech, visual tech and guard caption head. More staff may be added as needed. These are paid positions. Pay depends on position and experience.

Staff requirements:

• At least two years experience in any of the following: corps, competitive band, winter guard, or winter percussion.

• Previous teaching experiences a plus (not required).

• Guard must be able to write and teach work.

• Percussion must have strong knowledge of all battery instruments.

• Brass must have strong knowledge of proper technique.

• All staff will do marching for their section in the summer.

• All staff must provide own transportation to camps. Gas will be reimbursed. Car rentals may be available for staff who are car pooling with other staff or members. All camps will be in Michigan unless special arrangements are made. There is a car pool from Milwaukee, WI.

Please send a resume and references or fill out an application. Applications can be found on our web site. From the home page choose the forums tab. Then click on “The Front Page.” The application will be in the message titled “Bandettes Are Back and Need Staff" ( www.bandettes.org ).” If you want an application sent to you directly please e mail or call me.

All resumes and applications should be sent or emailed by September 3. Applications will be accepted after that. However, the positions may be full.

Shara Barlow

913 S. 72nd St.

West Allis, WI 53214

Phone: 262-903-1869

Email: vibeplayer@hotmail.com

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to hear you will be performing again next year. We missed you this year. When any corps goes inactive for a season, there is always a strong fear they won't return, since so many corps have fallen.

Best of luck next year and for many successful years to come!!!

Any history behind the corps name, "Bandettes"? I've often wondered about this.

I remember being impressed with the Bandettes when we shared practice facilities in the late eighties. Good to see your all are back in 2006.

One more thought: As the last remaining "all-girl" corps, have you thought of going national or international? I just think a product like yours would attract girls from all over that want the experience of marching sans men. Maybe holding camps in other states or having a sister corps from the east or west, then meeting up in time for tour?

Outstanding news! ^OO^

One more thought: As the last remaining "all-girl" corps, have you thought of going national or international?  I just think a product like yours would attract girls from all over that want the experience of marching sans men.  Maybe holding camps in other states or having a sister corps from the east or west, then meeting up in time for tour?

It is a thought that I am persuing.... it is just a dificult task.... and so many other things have to fall into place first.... we will see how it all works out.

Shara

One more thought: As the last remaining "all-girl" corps, have you thought of going national or international?  I just think a product like yours would attract girls from all over that want the experience of marching sans men.  Maybe holding camps in other states or having a sister corps from the east or west, then meeting up in time for tour?

Something along those lines would be fantastic if Bandettes could work it out. I'm sure there's tons of girls outside their normal recruiting area who'd love the idea of being in an all-female corps.

In any case, this is wonderful news. Best of luck in '06 and beyond!

My observations on this

I saw about 5 former bandettes in Pio, one ended up going home a week before the season was over. I don't think there were 8, but I could be wrong.

and Chippy marched with me in Cap Sound.

Good luck to ya, it would be nice to see you back bandettes

Actually we didn't go inactive.  8 of our girls marched with our "buddies" Pioneer and the remainder marched 11 parades, taking awards in 2 of them.  Moral is high and we're looking for good things this fall.

there were also 2 in Blue Stars.... actually 6 in Pioneer... 1 in Cap. Sound and 2 in Blue Stars = 9 ..... and 17 in the parade corps = 26

We actually picked up 4 new girls over the summer months... we will be loosing a few girls because they are either aging out or moving on in life as we sometimes have to do. We are somewhere around the 20 mark right now.... lessons start at the end of September and camps will begin most likely in November... not set yet.

So, if you or anyone you know is interested please let me know...