Finals Observations

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say BD was clean...

In what sense?

Musically, I thought BD had some insane horn parts, but they had trouble playing together. Although, they hit dynamics pretty good. However, I found both their percussion and hornline dirty during the show.

Visually, BD sucked. I wished Dave Gibbs went back to teaching them visual. There are some people who insist that BD can't march anymore. I don't believe so. BD in 1999, 2003, 2004 = Serious stuff. However, BDs feet were sloppy and upperbody control. I thought I was watching the Cadets' upperbody at one point! Overall visual was rough and seriously sloppy. Thats what happens when you march with bad technique. I believe Madison could've beat them.

Blue Devils? Bad marching technique?!?!

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH

Thanks, I needed that. Of all the things you're going to try to bash BD on, you're going to bash their marching technique? Put down the Kool-Aid, kid.

If your going to talk about BD being clean - then you just can't leave out 2001 - that was almost too clean.

His comment was legitimate; he didn't just say "BD sucked visually!" He told us why.

DCP is all about armchair quarterbacks (drum majors?), this whole "You're young therefore you can't have any opinions" thing is fallacious.

Ease up, man.

Edited by TTitans909

Blue Devils? Bad marching technique?!?!

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH

Thanks, I needed that. Of all the things you're going to try to bash BD on, you're going to bash their marching technique? Put down the Kool-Aid, kid.

lol... i thought the same thing. i wasnt going to respond, but i have been chuckling about that comment for a few days now

• 1 month later...

Well, some good discussion while I have been gone eh?

I think BD has some of the best marching technique, as a matter of fact. You rarely, and I mean rarely see a dirty BD on finals night, no matter what year. I consider them and the Cadets to have the cleanest marching in all DCI.

One of the trick I use to tell clean marching is to watch from the side. Is their drill as clean and straight as it looks like from the front? I have watched Cadets a number of years from the side just see if they are as instep and clean as they are from the front "judge" view. They are. So are Blue Devils. I won't name names of corps that are really, REALLY dirty from the side... unless of course somebody asks :P