Biggest messups in DCA history?

*sigh* Used to have a copy (of a copy...) of a hand made tape of some of 1975 Mount Carmel exhibition. Matadors had a sop solo (Ritchie Price?) start the show with a screaming intro. Guy did the first phrase, then you heard the him drop 2 octaves in about 2 beats (weeeee......SPLAT). Next phrase was dead silence and then the rest of the solo was really low pitched and struggling.

Someone said the soloist was having lip problems that weekend but wanted to give it a shot anyway for the good of the corps.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush and the infamous triple stack basses in 93.

dunno why, but no basses, so they had to sing their drum solo

You might be mixing the "second chance" story with this one.......

Hershey 1985......Walter Kelly was on the gun. He fell asleep during SCA's show and thusly failed to fire the ending shot. Drum major was LIVID!

You guys got a second shot that night.

Can't confirm it yet with one of our corps' historians, but I believe I am recalling Montclair correctly. Can't remember doing Hershey twice. I remember the stadium, the corps' parking lot/assembly area, and the very long ride home for that DM. None of those fit Hershey.

the DM being livid does not sound like Bill Marshall - he would not have taken the issue up with directly with the judges on the field or in plain view of the crowd. Any issues would have been handled by Rick Morey or someone else on the design team away from the performance.

I'll double check though.

I think Montclair was the right venue. I was in Reading that year and I think SCA went on before us... and after us. I also think it had something to do with the timing judge.

Can't confirm it yet with one of our corps' historians, but I believe I am recalling Montclair correctly.  Can't remember doing Hershey twice.  I remember the stadium, the corps' parking lot/assembly area, and the very long ride home for that DM.  None of those fit Hershey.

the DM being livid does not sound like Bill Marshall - he would not have taken the issue up with directly with the judges on the field or in plain view of the crowd.  Any issues would have been handled by Rick Morey or someone else on the design team away from the performance.

I'll double check though.

Sylvia (formerly Hernandez, then Filipelli) Perbetsky going on the track during All The Things You are in prelims in 83. Dropped Westshore 2 full points

Sylvia (formerly Hernandez, then Filipelli) Perbetsky going on the track during All The Things You are in prelims in 83. Dropped Westshore 2 full points

yeah know...I was going to post something about a show in NY where most of the hornline was too drunk and a couple guys fell over when turning around during Big Noise but....that's a Westshore disaster too !!! Geez, are we the only ones that will admit to failures ?? OR-was there more to the jinxed pink plumes than we knew about?

yeah know...I was going to post something about a show in NY where most of the hornline was too drunk and a couple guys fell over when turning around during Big Noise but....that's a Westshore disaster too !!! Geez, are we the only ones that will admit to failures ?? OR-was there more to the jinxed pink plumes than we knew about?

Hey my jinxed white plume fell out at '79 Prelims (long story already told).....

I recently watched 03' Finals (getting pumped up for next weekend)........

2003 DCA Finals - final move of the Crusaders show

thanks ! I feel alittle better now...but, I wouldn't trade any of it. We had SUCH a good time ! And that's what matters !