In Memory of Really Forgotten

More from Round Robin / Eastern States circuits (PA, NJ, MD, DC, DE)

Ridley Park Rangers, Philly area

St, Mary's Lancers, Balto., MD

The Pennsylvanians, Philly area

West Reading, guess where

Vasella Musketeer, Upper Darby, PA

Dundalk Cadets, Balto area

Starlighters, Westminster, MD

Zorro Raiders, MD

Rebel Devils, MD

Royal Sabres, Wash., DC

VIPs, Wash., DC

Diamond State Cadets, DE

Blue Rock, Wilmington, DE

Sehler Sedan Cadets, Coatesville, PA

White Knights, Balto, MD

Rising Sun Cadets, Philly

Media Fawns, Media, PA

507 Hornets, Philly area

Keystone Regiment, Philly area

Chessmen, Easton, PA

White Roses, York, PA

Phila PAL, guess where

Crusaders, Mannville, NJ

Liberty Bell, Philly area

Pensauken Vagabonds, NJ

Levittown _____?

________ Crusaders, Philly area

Bucktail Regiment, upstate PA

Cambria Cadets, W PA

...off the top of my head.

SKY

Edited by sky

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee !! DCI has really been good for the development of our activity???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 90+ posts I do not see my old corps listed - The Mark Twain Cadets from Elmira, NY. We never achieved national prominence, but really entertained the crowd! I listened to an audio of the 1972 show last night. With Bob Zazarra on horns and Bill McGrath, Jr. writing percussion, there was some future funky music being played.

Gee !! DCI has really been good for the development of our activity???????!!!!!!!!!!!!
We here know what you're saying, and the numbers also agree, but on the general-discussion forum they're all in deep denial and any such discussion there, regardless of how gently the facts are presented, is met with a barrage of anger and sarcasm.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

We here know what you're saying, and the numbers also agree, but on the general-discussion forum they're all in deep denial and any such discussion there, regardless of how gently the facts are presented, is met with a barrage of anger and sarcasm.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

Maybe because DCI is not the cause of the corps that failed...it is what has at least maintained what there is today.

Most of the corps on the long lists had little or nothing to do with DCI...they were local-based corps marching in local circuits.

After 90+ posts I do not see my old corps listed - The Mark Twain Cadets from Elmira, NY. We never achieved national prominence, but really entertained the crowd! I listened to an audio of the 1972 show last night. With Bob Zazarra on horns and Bill McGrath, Jr. writing percussion, there was some future funky music being played.

I have always mentioned Mark Twain in posts!

Man, I use to love the Emerald Knights and…. Fox Valley raiders, I totally forgot

Anyway, only a few corps I can think of that have yet to make the list and they are all cadets corps from the midwest (yes, I'd go to every show near by)

The pages of Wausau - Wausau Story’s cadet corp

Los chorros –Vaqueros’ cadets

Phantom Regiment cadets (phantom legion)

Cavie Cadets

I don’t think DCI killed most of these corps either, a few for sure, just look at how they sank DCM…in these days of high gas prices we need regional circuits more than ever…pity that DCI wants to own drum corp and whore it out as a once a year circus coming to your town soon – I also thought smaller, local corps were a better we to grow the activity and seeing attendance figures not growing, fewer shows and fewer corps…guess I was right (really no excuse for the stale attendance at DCI seeing that they get a new age-out crop of fans every year…maybe the death rate is just higher?)

OK HERES AFEW NO ONES MENTIONED:

1960S

RIVERSIDERS NY

CARTER CADETS NY

VALLEY GRENIDERS HILLSDALE, NJ

MOUNTETTES PARAMUS NJ

ROYAL AIRES PATTERSON NJ

ROUGH RIDERS FAIRVIEW NJ

MEADOWLARKS SECAUCUS NJ

TOWNSMEN CARLSTADT NJ

WOODSIDERS (NEWARK?) NJ

CORVETTES NJ(?)

IMPERIAL GUARDSMEN LIVINGSTON, NJ

DEFENDERS NJ

DUKES NJ

SURFMEN NJ

ALL THESE WERE GARDEN STATE CIRCUIT CORPS AT ONE TIME(there's more, just remember them all)

Belles of St Marys

St Marys Cadets

Southern Knights

CMCC Warriors

Saints

Bon Bons

Royaleers

Keystone Regiment

507 Hornets (last 2 combined made Crossmen)

Two California corps missed so far...

California Dons, Fresno, CA

Valley Fever, Modesto, CA (although a new corps exists using just the name Fever)

Ken

At the camp our band attends up in Newton NJ a woman who works there marched in a small GSC corps called the Newton Broadcasters.

I remember competing against them as a member of another corps in 68/69 and then as an instructor in the late 60's-70's...also judged them in 77/78 when I did a lot of GSC judging.