Death of the Cymbal Line

Mike, I hate to say it, but you lost all of your respect points in my book.

Would it have helped if I had put a :) after the comment?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and one person alone can not truly do a percussion section justice given the drill and complexity of the parts.

you can't be all eyes and ears everywhere at once

I don't want to get off topic with this, so I will just say KEEP THE CYM LINES, please, there is enough stuff in the pit, it's becoming a distraction to the field show.

First of all, I want to thank you for what you have said. As a member of the Vanguard's cymbal line for three years it comes as a great compliment to know our work was appreciated.

I think it is the way that drum corps is evolving, that most corps are dropping thier cymbal lines. It has become more of a business model than a classic drum corps model. Cymbal parts, can be played by unoccupied members of the pit, there fore they are no longer neede nor are they cost effective. It is the way of the new corps model. I am currently putting together a cymbal line/ensemble for the Kingsmen Alumni corps. I am very excited about it.

Thanks again, as a cymbal player it means a lot  that you all appreciated our art.

Slice and dice Da Kine