What Are Your Top Five “Entertaining” Shows?

I definitely thought The Cadets and the Cavaliers show were the best executed. This topic is not to question that. I just want to know your top five “entertaining” 2005 shows regardless of complexity or even musical superiority. Mine:

1. Crown :rolleyes:

2. Phantom

3. Xmen

4. Spirit

5. Scouts

Please try to set your affiliations aside. I’m a Scouts fan and I loved their show the best BUT if I could have seen the Scouts perform someone else’s show this is the ones I’d choose.

Edited by patblamo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Phantom

2. Xmen

3. Blooo

4. Crown

5. BAC

Wow, good thread. Its hard to limit it to five, but I'll try:

1. Phantom Regiment - hands down, for me. The use of color, the guard work, the sound, the design of the show...second to none this year and I hope a trend that continues.

2. SCV - Finals night performance alone earns them this spot, but in reality, the wide open drill, appealing music with MELODY, awesome near perfect guard and solild overall presence. This is a major entertaining show.

3. Carolina Crown - As with every show they have presented in the last five years <sans the narration last year> This coprs is ful of color, wonderful staging, excelent guard and the ballad of "Angel" was everything I hoped it would be. I absolutely loved the dark/light angel part in the end.

4. Spirit - Again, the best show they have had since reforming. Full of meody, cool visual, solid guard and an overall appealing show with great emotional moments. Keep it up and move higher next year.

5. Madison Scouts - Back to form, and then some. Solid, well executed visual program, full of trcks and "wow moments" commanding, mature, consistent brass, a top drum line and a full, solid guard. Typical Scouts, plus the addition of Carmen, unconventional but awesomely amusing and rewarding every time I saw it. Coulda done without all the whistles , and could used a better ending but all in all, a solid, entertaining show.

Honorable mention - Colts. Once again, an opening statement that is full of drama and reward, a solid, mature visual design, a super competent colorguard and music with melody. Colts stepped it up this year and returned to form and I hope they continue, consistently among my favorites, every year, for decades.

~G~

I was most entertained by:

Bluecoats (I'm always entertained by their shows)

Southwind

Spirit

Blue Devils (hey I thought it was entertaining, didn't care for the idea but it entertained me)

Scouts (The first half-didn't care for the back half of the show so much)

Glassmen

Cadets

Cavaliers

Personnally Crown bored the #### out of me - I'm not sure why so many people here have raved about the show.

And Phantom, although I enjoyed their show, musically seemed quite repetitive. The first half alone I was wondering how many times they were going to play the phrase from rhapsody.

Blue Knights you have such a great corps and I wish you would do ashow with a little more appeal to highlight your talent. Do something like the Star Trek show again, that was interesting and left people with something they could remember. Someone once made a comment about Blue Knights that went like this "they were good, but who cares" in reference to the fact that their shows are so un-memorable.

These are the Division I corps I found entertaining in 2005 (didn't see anybody else). I've bolded the 5 I thought were most entertaining.

Cadets

Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment

Madison Scouts

Bluecoats

Boston Crusaders

Carolina Crown

Santa Clara Vanguard

Glassmen

Spirit from JSU

Crossmen

Capital Regiment

Southwind

Mandarins

Pioneer

Personnally Crown bored the #### out of me - I'm not sure why so many people here have raved about the show.

And Phantom, although I enjoyed their show, musically seemed quite repetitive.  The first half alone I was wondering how many times they were going to play the phrase from rhapsody.

Blue Knights you have such a great corps and I wish you would do ashow with a little more appeal to highlight your talent.  Do something like the Star Trek show again, that was interesting and left people with something they could remember.  Someone once made a comment about Blue Knights that went like this "they were good, but who cares"  in reference to the fact that their shows are so un-memorable.

I thought this was about what DID entertain you, not what DIDNT entertain you.

~G~

Edited by GMichael1230

Picky, picky...

Cadets

Raiders

Phantom

Crossmen

Madison