58 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you use?

• Carmen's entrance
    • Catholic girl entering door
    • "Gene Kelley" dancing with umbrella
    • Firemen on their ladders
    • Dance Derby Couples
    • Other

hmmm... I think the purpose of a tease is to give enough information without giving away the whole package. For some reason, I just don't see how any of these options give any indication of what the coverage will entitle. After all, since when was drum corps only about a single "guest" performer. I thought it was about a unified group of individuals all striving to be their best together.

I think that the clip that they show at the beginning of the live broadcast of quarterfinals would be the most effective.

hmmm... I think the purpose of a tease is to give enough information without giving away the whole package. For some reason, I just don't see how any of these options give any indication of what the coverage will entitle. After all, since when was drum corps only about a single "guest" performer. I thought it was about a unified group of individuals all striving to be their best together.

I think that the clip that they show at the beginning of the live broadcast of quarterfinals would be the most effective.

The purpose of a tease is to get people to tune in. Who said anything about

drum corps being about a single guest performer? How many ESPN viewers,

who know nothing about drum corps, are going to tune in if the tease is "tune

in to see a unified group of individuals all striving to be their best together'?

Again, you have 15 seconds (not a couple of minutes like the quarterfinals intro)

to "tease" someone into checking out you broadcast...keeping in mind the tease is

on ESPN.

The purpose of a tease is to get people to tune in.  Who said anything about

drum corps being about a single guest performer?  How many ESPN viewers,

who know nothing about drum corps, are going to tune in if the tease is "tune

in to see a unified group of individuals all striving to be their best together'?

Again, you have 15 seconds (not a couple of minutes like the quarterfinals intro)

to "tease" someone into checking out you broadcast...keeping in mind the tease is

on ESPN.

Yes, I understand that the purpose of a tease is to entice the interests of a viewer. I was just stating that I feel showing 15 seconds of an individual would be a bit misleading. I personally would be ###### if I tuned in with the intent of seeing Carmen and only got a glimpse of her for a fraction of the two hour broadcast. Heck, I was ###### that Carmen was hyped on this forum and yet didn't appear in Madison's show for a good portion of it.

Just think that a tease can be intriguing without promises that cannot be delivered.

Here's the spot I'd shoot. It's in the "This is Sportscenter" genre of commercials.

Random pair of broadcasters are doing SC, as usual, when they are interrupted by tapping noises coming from somewhere. Camera cuts to different reaction shots from people withing the SC building (broadcasters, studio staff, etc) as the tapping gets louder. Finally, somebody near a window looks out and sees some corps' drumline doing warmups out in the ESPN parking lot. B)

The Regiment baris/euphs with the guard in the 91 version of the Bachhanale....Nikk knows what part!

Plus 87 VK....the Sex Cymbals...

Sex always sells.....

b**bs That's so wrong...

Here's the spot I'd shoot. It's in the "This is Sportscenter" genre of commercials.

Random pair of broadcasters are doing SC, as usual, when they are interrupted by tapping noises coming from somewhere. Camera cuts to different reaction shots from people withing the SC building (broadcasters, studio staff, etc) as the tapping gets louder. Finally, somebody near a window looks out and sees some corps' drumline doing warmups out in the ESPN parking lot. B)

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

EXCELLENT!!!

I love the "This is Sportscenter" commercials...and this one would be awesome to see!

You win...as long as Kenny Mayne is in there somewhere. :P

I'd shoot one where the entire Sportscenter building was completely taken over by drum corps:

Broadcasters try to go into the gym for quick basketball game....Visual rehearsal with the hornline.

Broadcasters try to get a segment written down on paper....Dr. Beat and drumline going to town in the parking lot.

Broadcasters try to get to the news desk....40 person guard doing spins in unison in the studio.

The last shot would be the entire corps with instruments and guard equipment holding up the lunch line in the cafeteria.