East Coast Jazz going to D1?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder can ECJ support 100 members on a yearly basis?

I think they just had barely enough to be division 2 this year... last time I counted their membership, they had:

34 horns

16 drumline

10 pit (+/-)

20 guard (+/-)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... I'd like to hear the correct numbers from a member of the corps if possible.

I'm not sure if I think moving up NEXT year would be a good idea... they no doubt have the staff to take them there, but I think they would be better off doing a full tour in division 2 first to see if they can survive it. If those kids play and march like they do without a full tour, I'd love to see what they can do on the road for 3 months.

If ECJ ever does so, watch out. My favorite show from this past summer, and over the past few years, they've had some really excellent shows. I'd hope they'd stay in Div II for a bit longer, just to grow an already great program even more.

I would have loved to have seen them live this year, and picked up a few souvies.

Any chances of some on-line souvies in the future? Maybe a "best of" CD? :)

ECJ 2005

36 Brass

16 Battery

10 Pit

24 Guard

2 DMs

-------------

88 members which could possibly have been bigger than some div 1 corps.

ECJ could very well be successful in div I. You can't possibly say we didnt have a chance of making semifinals had we competed in division I this year. Now I don't know if ECJ is planning on going div I next year, but from what I recall, it is in the future somewhere down the line.

not to be that guy; but i really doubt that ECJ could make semis. Granted, they did win div 2., but did they have a Div 1 caliber book, both music and drill? Player for player they were on of the best with spartens. great soloists and such. but would they're drill(files with grooving which hides errors) and some 2min and 10 secs of park and bark really hold any water with a judging community and audience that expects performers to march almost the whole show.

maybe im wrong.

but would they're drill(files with grooving which hides errors) and some 2min and 10 secs of park and bark really hold any water with a judging community and audience that expects performers to march almost the whole show.

maybe im wrong.

Here's a thought.... Park and Blows add more to impacts, esp in Jazz shows. But really who sits and time all of the park and blows in a show.... really.