International members

Just wondering if anyone knows how these students find out about Drum Corps in the US? There are so many people here in the states that don't even know about it. It is fantastic to see so many members from other nations coming here to perform.

Most overseas members come from countries that have their own drum & bugle corps (i.e. Japan, Netherlands, UK) and the people who participate in the activity over there are perfectly well aware of DCI. B)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, when I marched, we had a kid from Japan who travelled with us as almost an apprentice. I know he started marching in '94 or '95. Look how far we've come.

I know you said Canada doesn't count, but I had to relay a funny story. We had a 15-year-old that we picked up mid-tour in '93. He would ask things like, "What kind of sound does a giraffe make?" On the 4th, he asked the Japanese kid if they celebrated the 4th of July in Japan.

Anyway, one day our two French Canadians started speaking gibberish to each other and told the kid they were speaking Canadian. He was so impressed, and they even taught him a few phrases in Canadian. I wonder if he still runs around showing off his knowledge of the Canadian language.

Edited by usmcontra