What would you change about Drum Corps?

hmmm...what would I change....

1. No talking.....ever...(the only exception, is when the 'Coats do their "BlOOOO"

2. no woodwinds....ever...

3. 3-4 inch wider seats in the RCA dome...

4. longer percussion solo's...

things I would bring back....

1. The old U.S. Open in Marion, Ohio...that used to be one of the biggest shows around...35 corps in prelims..12 in finals

2. The Bridgemen

3. Velvet Knights

4. Skyriders

5. Star of Indiana

6. Capital Freelancers

7. Guardsmen (Shaumberg)

8. Seneca Optimists

9. Wausau Story

10. Florida Wave

11. Pride of Cincinatti

12. 27th Lancers

13. Kilties

14. the list goes on and on...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's talking about facial expressions on the field, and I can't help but think about the Patriots show in 2003 when they all turn their heads to the front of the field, and start swinging their arms with these big, goofy smiles on their faces. :whistle:

I've just got the four, really --

1. Bring back retreat, at least for the major "regionals" on Friday and Saturday nights ... and even better, go back to having the corps play themselves off one by one and trooping past the winner.

2. Re-arange the championship week schedule to how it was prior to 2002 and allow the top D2/3 corps to advance to D1 Quarterfinals.

3. Cut back a little bit on the "hack'n'slash" or "diddly-bop" arrangements (total recompositions in some cases). I think that just playing your source music in a somewhat more straightforward way would go a long way toward boosting crowd appeal. If you're gonna play "On the Town," make it sound like "On the Town."

4. No brainer -- eliminate amplified voice. Don't mind it for the pit percussion instruments, so long as they figure out their balance issues, but the use of amplified voice is generally a real downer.