anyone read that Blue Knights book?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can read my review on amazon.com under new and associates. But to some it up... I think the book is a great narrative of drumcorps with tidbits of nostalgia and a warm fuzzy feeling that only drum corps can generate for a junkie like myself. Highly reccomend the book.

• 1 year later...

For those who who have a copy of my book or would like to buy one...

I will be signing autographs for "On the field..." at the Atlanta, San Antonio, Denver and Pasadena DCI show events by the Blue Knights souvie booth. Come by and say "hi"...

-=GM=-

Here's a pic from the Atlanta DCI Regional:

l_a16fe7386434218cdaf92eb2999e7635.jpg

I got the book for Christmas last year. It was an entertaining read. Funny how much is similar from corps to corps. The tour stories were great. :P I highly recommend it.

I was gonna post something, but I'll just quote you, since it's exactly the same story. :P

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE...

Come meet the authors of recently published books about drum corps and band at the Drum Corps International World Championships in Pasadena, California.

"On the field, from Denver, Colorado...The Blue Knights" by Gregory M. Kuzma (www.gregorymkuzma.com)

"Not for the faint of heart" by Jeremy Van Wert (www.wildridepublications)

"The Line" by Courtney Brandt (www.thelinebook.com)

EVENT: Div I Finals

DATE: Saturday, August 11, 2007

LOCATION: DCI Marketplace at the southwest corner of The Rose Bowl, 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103

Gates open: 3:30 PM

Start time: 5:00 PM

Table location: Blue Knights Drum Corps souvie booth

Come out and meet the authors!

-=GM=-

I'm just lookin' for a few book reviews before I shell out the cash. Has anyone on here read "On the field from Denver, Colorado ... The Blue Knights!" by Gregory M. Kuzma? Opinions?

Its a good read. Well written and very recognizable for someone who marching. I marched around the same time and it brought back memories I had totally forgotten about

Greg did a great job with the book! It shows a very interesting side of drum corps, especially to those who are fans but have never marched.

Plus there is a picture of me in it......... who wouldn't want that!?!?!?!? b**bs

Greg did a great job with the book! It shows a very interesting side of drum corps, especially to those who are fans but have never marched.

Plus there is a picture of me in it......... who wouldn't want that!?!?!?!? b**bs

Me!

b**bs

NIce read. I read it on tour in 2005. Don't know why, since I was living the book, so to say. But it was kind of cool to compare it with drum corps of today. Soap to line wet fields? Never would have guessed.

Hey Larry, it was good seeing you on tour this summer!

It's been really cool meeting people who have read the book. I've caught myself reading a few pages this summer to compare where drum corps is in general today compared to 13 years ago...some things never change!

See you at the show tonight!

-=GM=-

Edited by GMKuzma