Grooviest Moment

Random post and question...I haven't posted in awhile. Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the "grooviest" moment in a drum corps show. A segment that didn't necessarily make you clap and scream, but just put a smile on your face and made you bop your head...something real "cool."

My moment would be Cavies '03...the backfield "Miles Davis" section in the 3rd movement with the sweeeeeeeeet bass beat. That's just friggin' awesome... :master:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Random post and question...I haven't posted in awhile.  Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the "grooviest" moment in a drum corps show.  A segment that didn't necessarily make you clap and scream, but just put a smile on your face and made you bop your head...something real "cool." 

My moment would be Cavies '03...the backfield "Miles Davis" section in the 3rd movement with the sweeeeeeeeet bass beat.  That's just friggin' awesome...  :master:

After I read your first paragraph, I was about to respond with the Cavies' '03 backfield groove. Then I read on. Snap.

I like the rock out with your #### out moments....

examples:

cavies 2000 groove thing in the middle..

PR 05 the end

SCV 99 blue shades hit

Cadets 2002 BWBB

BD 01 & 02 dont know how to pin point them, but it was where the guard was dancing and everyone was having a good time...

-scv '98, when they get into the arc in 'hear ye' and just start goin nuts

I immediately thought of the closing sets of Blue Shades in 1999 SCV.

And probably my favorite ever, 2002 The Cadets during Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy.

There are many "groovy" moments in almost all the DCI shows that I like but the one that sticks out right now is 1993 Madison Scouts during the drumbreak in Strawberry Soup. There is one at the end of the Bluecoats 2004 show and a few Blue Devils shows (including this years), a few Cavaliers shows, but most of mine come from Madison Scouts' shows I think.

Random post and question...I haven't posted in awhile.  Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the "grooviest" moment in a drum corps show.  A segment that didn't necessarily make you clap and scream, but just put a smile on your face and made you bop your head...something real "cool." 

My moment would be Cavies '03...the backfield "Miles Davis" section in the 3rd movement with the sweeeeeeeeet bass beat.  That's just friggin' awesome...  :master:

The first time I ever saw the Bridgemen enter the field . That Corps lived and breathed the term " hip ", ..." cool "..." groovy". Nobody took the field for competition like they did.... NOBODY. Prior to them , Corps members marched onto the field to take up their field formations. The Bridgemen ? they had a Completely different entry onto the field. Their entry was a very defined and very unique.....SWAGGER entrance. Right away...instantly....the audience knew that this Corps was definately" different ". Those who were around to see the Bridgemen know exactly what I'm talking about, I'm sure.

Edited by Lieut. General Effect

The phenomenally hip drumspeak narration in Cadets' show this year, especially the Bjork-freak of the female vocal soloist.