DCI on ESPN2...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like it.

However I have a question. It states that the posters are of the corps that you will see. Why is Boston there and not SCV? SCV placed over Boston. SCV is getting the screws!!!!

Turn on the way back machine... Saturday, they were the last 8 on. It'll be interesting to see how the broadcast handles it, but if you go back to... 92? Xmen jumped into 6th, showing the top 6... they didn't get on PBS. I'm 60% sure about that one...

Pretty cool little mini-site, with little mini-posters, sponsors and so on. Also a nice section with links to "drum corps in the news".

I've found the advertising PDF file interesting...page 4 lists a profile of the fans and members involved in the activity...

Numbers that interested me:

- Average fan age 40.2

- Nearly half of fans surveyed at major events make more than $60,000 annually

- 38% of fans surveyed have only participated as a spectator

- 8 major tour events were attended by a combined 20,000 band students in groups

- 16,000 music educators subscribe to the DCI Today magazine

I'm not sure that the survey is representative of all fans at all shows, but this is interesting nonetheless...

I'm trying to recall 2004...

I don't think Bluecoats made the PBS broadcast last year even though they

finished 6th. Carolina Crown was on even though they finished 7th. I recall

being told it was due to the semi-finals placement. Kind of lame if that's ing to

reason.

I'm trying to recall 2004...

I don't think Bluecoats made the PBS broadcast last year even though they

finished 6th.  Carolina Crown was on even though they finished 7th.  I recall

being told it was due to the semi-finals placement.  Kind of lame if that's ing to

reason.

correct....i cant wait to see the program

Turn on the way back machine...  Saturday, they were the last 8 on.  It'll be interesting to see how the broadcast handles it, but if you go back to...  92?  Xmen jumped into 6th, showing the top 6... they didn't get on PBS.  I'm 60% sure about that one...

That was a live broadcast. The top six from semis performed live, can't predict what the outcome was going to be and change the order around for a live event. SCV should definitely be on as this is easily rectified for a taped broadcast. In '96 Phantom went on last (maybe second to last) on the taped broadcast even though they placed 3rd in semis.

I've found the advertising PDF file interesting...page 4 lists a profile of the fans and members involved in the activity...

Numbers that interested me:

- Average fan age 40.2

- Nearly half of fans surveyed at major events make more than $60,000 annually

- 38% of fans surveyed have only participated as a spectator

- 8 major tour events were attended by a combined 20,000 band students in groups

- 16,000 music educators subscribe to the DCI Today magazine

I'm not sure that the survey is representative of all fans at all shows, but this is interesting nonetheless...

Yeah, I saw that too, but I wasn't going to mention it first. :P