DCI on ESPN2...

DCIs position on this is that, in order to make the program as close to the live event as possible it has been designed to present the corps as they appeared, not as they finished. Corps performing before Boston on Saturday night will appear in a shorter feature.

A similar situation occurred on last years broadcast, when Carolina Crown who had finished in sixth in semifinals, were topped by the Bluecoats. Crown was on TV, Bluecoats were not.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DCIs position on this is that, in order to make the program as close to the live event as possible it has been designed to present the corps as they appeared, not as they finished.  Corps performing before Boston on Saturday night will appear in a shorter feature.

A similar situation occurred on last years broadcast, when Carolina Crown who had finished in sixth in semifinals, were topped by the Bluecoats. Crown was on TV, Bluecoats were not.

What a load of crap!!! Doesn't anyone on DCI's production team know how to edit? It would be simple to insert SCV in their finishing placement and make it look as if it took place that way "live". Besides who in their viewing audience believes they are watching a live event? Better explanation is they are showing Boston because finals were held in their hometown or they feel they’ll get better ratings in the East. I for one will boycott the program.

you got to understand his position though. SCV isn't being given the credit they earned on Saturday night.

I don't think there's a place where I live that has ESPN2 :( ... oh well.

What a load of crap!!! Doesn't anyone on DCI's production team know how to edit? It would be simple to insert SCV in their finishing placement and make it look as if it took place that way "live". Besides who in their viewing audience believes they are watching a live event? Better explanation is they are showing Boston because finals were held in their hometown or they feel they’ll get better ratings in the East. I for one will boycott the program.

SCV won't be featured because they finished 9th at Semis. The broadcast follows the order of the Semifinals scores (which is how it took place "live" on Finals night), and it was like that last year even though the Bluecoats beat Crown. Just because it is SCV doesn't mean they walk on water and get to be featured even though they didn't place in the top 8 in semis. I've been waiting since 2002 (the year I discovered DCI) to see longer clips for the Madison Scouts...and finally I get to see them. I was always happy when I got to see a 30 second clip of the Scouts...so you shouldn't feel you have to boycott the program.

SCV isn't being given the credit they earned on Saturday night.

Problem is, since the broadcast is based on semifinals placings, then SCV needed to earn their spot on Friday night. So all's fair.

But honestly, what's the big deal? If you want to see SCV that badly, but the DVD. Or you can even buy the individual SCV DVD. Yeah, the ESPN broadcast is free (well, the price of cable at least), but if the issue is that important to you then a couple bucks should be nothing to fill that hole in your life.