Let's think about Cadets an innovation one more time, real quickly, I promise...

Whether you like the show or not, you could probably watch the show 50 times, imagine that, 50 times, probably within a week, and never see the exact same show. There is always, ALWAYS, something going on. Whether it be the drumline, the Catholic girl, drill formations, you will (most likely) never see and percieve the show the same time twice. In my opinion, of course.

Thoughts?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't your sig used to say that you liked the Cadets every year except for 2005? :whistle:

Cadets - along with Cavaliers and Bluecoats - are one of the biggest reasons that I can't wait for the DVDs to arrive.

Didn't your sig used to say that you liked the Cadets every year except for 2005?  :whistle:

Cadets - along with Cavaliers and Bluecoats - are one of the biggest reasons that I can't wait for the DVDs to arrive.

Yes it did, the first time I saw it, I admit I was appalled, and I still am, at the uniforms. But, opinions change, quite easily over a summer, I might add. & even if I didn't like the show, you cannot deny this innovation.

Agreed.

But the beauty of modern drum corps is that pretty much all shows are like that now.

Heck, I just noticed some of the stuff in BK 1994 I missed, thanks to the book I'm reading about it.

Again, though, I'll repeat my worry that this show may seem dated as we chug along through the years, with focus moreso on the "gimmicks" involved than the excellent marching and playing taking place.

Time will tell. :)

Agreed.

But the beauty of modern drum corps is that pretty much all shows are like that now.

Heck, I just noticed some of the stuff in BK 1994 I missed, thanks to the book I'm reading about it.

Again, though, I'll repeat my worry that this show may seem dated as we chug along through the years, with focus moreso on the "gimmicks" involved than the excellent marching and playing taking place.

Time will tell. :)

Yes it will, it always does.. B)

Yes it did, the first time I saw it, I admit I was appalled, and I still am, at the uniforms.  But, opinions change, quite easily over a summer, I might add.  & even if I didn't like the show, you cannot deny this innovation.

Haha, it's all good. This was actually one of the few shows from the Cadets that I liked the first time I saw/heard it (though several have grown on me over the years).

For myself, I'll even say that I loved what they did with the uniforms. It really created a neat effect as they rippled the colors during the show. :)

I hated it at first, and by the end i loved it.

I liked the show, and I think the evolution of the design over the summer was nice to watch. I think it was one of the best jobs that comes to mind of making changes to the show, taking criticism, and changing again to improve effect. Slight evolution of the "uniform change," adding lots of narration, removing some of the narration, experimenting with the whistling (even if it was the "warmup"), etc., etc., etc.