Start giving to corps relief gas funds now!

You all are sitting here fighting over the web on crap yep crap.

RIGHT NOW I AM NOT GIVING DC A SINGLE DIME.

My Money is going to People in Desperate Need you know the people that were devastated by KATRINA..

TO ME THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT AT THIS TIME!!!!

DRUM CORPS CAN WAIT UNTIL _____________

:whistle::worthy:

Drum corps be ###### at this time. If they can afford the new amps, new horns, and new uniforms on a regular basis, they really don't need my money.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always find it interesting that an event that causes a disturbance in the production of oil produces an overnight, extreme, and severe price increase.  But when that so-called "severe" disturbance has been fixed, gas prices SLOWLY come down, and never as low as they used to be.  A few years ago, there was a strange rash of refinery fires in California, with gas prices climbing higher each time.  Over the course of several months, the prices never really came down.  Funny isn't it?  Wanna see where all of that money goes?  Here are some pictures of a HOUSE owned by the family of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the former president of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of Abu-Dhabi--- he's very "in" with OPEC and the petroleum industry.

gasprice1.jpg

gasprice3.jpg

gasprice4.jpg

gasprice5.jpg

gasprice13.jpg

Maybe we can kindly ask him for a little help...?  Seems like he may have some extra cash lying around.

Sorry for the rant, back on topic... I agree that if corps aren't sure of the expenses that gas prices will incur upon their programs, it may be a good idea to stay regionalized for at least the first few weeks of tour.  Smart planning ahead of time will go a long way towards preserving our activity.  This is especially true if DCI is in fact heading to California in 2007, I'm sure that will cost a lot for the corps out East that aren't used to traveling like the West Coast corps ^0^

Don't believe everything you see on ebaum's world. Most of the content is stolen from other sources and then has his logo placed on it. Those pictures don't show the palace of a Sheikh, they show a hotel. For a more detailed explanation check out this http://www.snopes.com/photos/architecture/nahyan.asp

"Regional" tour does not mean corps just touring around their "home" state. I'm talking about touring more within one area for a longer period of time, with the least distance put between shows as possible.

That's EXACTLY what I suggested in my post. To quote my last post..."As far as cost is concerned, WHERE you travel is not nearly as important as the distance you travel between shows every night. " It doesn't matter if a corps is traveling out of their region as long as they have a string of shows leading them to their present location.

With gas prices where they stand right now, I don't see how you can say it wouldn't be more expensive, and I don't see how you can say, either, that not traveling as many miles will not save money. Sure it would, no matter what kind of spin is put on it.

I didn't say it wouldn't be more expensive, I said that tour is not any more expAnsive than it used to be. Sure, gas prices will cause tour to be more expensive...my argument was that regoinal touring would not be any less expensive than what we see corps doing today. Spirit, for example, can travel just as extensively just in the south versus crossing regional borders into the East or Midwest, especially when you consider that shows in the south are much more scattered than shows in the other regions I mentioned. Regional touring will be good for drum corps so corps can promote within their home base region hopefully building support along the way, but I just don't see how pushing it as a savings in travel expense is the right way to go.