what happens...

As I mentioned in another thread, it's far too early to announce that the sky is falling. Let's see what happens after oil production is kicked up by the refineries still standing and when the nation is able to fully absorb what's just happened.

It's quite possible the situation nine months from now will look much different than it does right now.

We have enough things to fear regarding things we do know rather than fearing things that we don't know yet...and have no control over anyhow. Life is too short to make up new anticipatory fears. Let's appreciate our old ones for awhile longer.

Me...I fear mass panic of the nature we're dealing with now.

Mike

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HYDROGEN VEHICLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we can make hydrogen gas, and do you know what it releases into the environment??? Water and Heat.... THATS ALL...CLEAN and completely renewable. detroit.... hello?????

HYDROGEN VEHICLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we can make hydrogen gas, and do you know what it releases into the environment??? Water and Heat.... THATS ALL...CLEAN and completely renewable. detroit.... hello?????

http://www.hydrogenhighway.ca.gov/vehicles/vehicles.htm

Heh, there's probably a patent out there for someone who has developed a water-based fuel...after all, water being nothing but hydrogen and oxygen, is it unreasonable to think that some sort of engine could serve to split the molecules apart, using hydrogen and emitting oxygen?

Of course, the drawback is that oxygen (as well as hydrogen) are both highly flammable. Funny how they combine to make the one thing in the world that could never be considered flammable. :P

It's sad that only $3.00/gallon is what it takes to "hit us over the head"

The US has the lowest gas prices in the civilized world.

One of my students just got back from South Africa where gas runs (after you do the currency exchange) roughly $8.00 a gallon, and its been well over $1.50 a liter (thats roughly $6.00/gallon) in europe for a while.

We have no idea how good we have it.

Check out the prices in Kuwait an Venzuala. Under $1.00 per gallon. A few people are taking the rest of the world for a ride...big time.

I suggest that corps expect to double their fuel costs next summer. Better to plan for too much money than not enough.

Check out the prices in Kuwait an Venzuala.  Under $1.00 per gallon.  A few people are taking the rest of the world for a ride...big time.

I suggest that corps expect to double their fuel costs next summer.  Better to plan for too much money than not enough.

Well Kuwait makes sense since there is no shipping costs.

If we could get texas oil going then we would be self supportive and not be determined by shipping.

It's quite possible the situation nine months from now will look much different than it does right now.

We have enough things to fear regarding things we do know rather than fearing things that we don't know yet...and have no control over anyhow. Life is too short to make up new anticipatory fears. Let's appreciate our old ones for awhile longer.

Me...I fear mass panic of the nature we're dealing with now.

Mike

Thanks for keeping it in perspective. All right everyone ... deep breath ... breathe ... dah.