Gas Availability in Scranton?

Liz

The Cumberland Farms and Citgo across the street at Beach Road and Post Road in Fairfield are 304.9 today.  I filled up at Cumberland Farms and I guess that I will be watching gas available on the way to Scranton. We'll take I-84 all the way.

beats the Gulf over on BRT by the Congregational Church. $3.44 when i went to A&S deli to stock up yesterday. :blink: right up the street at the station (Amoco?) on the other side of Swanson's it was still $2.79. a bargain by comparision!! b**bs

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I live in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Area. Filled my tank this morning for $2.87 a gallon. Have seen it as high as $3.21 and as low as $2.80 in the last 24 hours.

.. Taking the motorcycle to work the rest of the week and when ever I can.. Even if it is raining.

I had been doing pretty good about taking the bike into work and other places long before this happened. There are so many more advantages to riding than just fuel economy. At $3.00+ a gallon, I'm going to a get lot more saddle time. I just wish my tank was a little bigger. A peanut tank doesn't provide a whole lot of range.

Maybe I can use that to convince the wife to let me upgrade to an Electra Glide?

At last report we believe that the shortages are isolated to the south so far due to shutdown transmission pipelines AND panic buying brought on by price increases.

the south got hit with a double whammy.

Yeah........it was a panic. The Governor even went on television asking for calm and conservation until we knew how bad the situation was.

My attitude (bolstered by the full tank of gas and two five gallon jugs topped off 'just-in-case') is that there is no reason for panic UNLESS the Governor goes back on television and cancels every high school football game in the state tomorrow night.

If there's enough gas for half the schools in the state to play a road game, there's enough gas for me to drive to the Charlotte airport. I got my five gallon jug 'just-in-case'.

David

Edited by notelvis

hey jeff - can u look up clarks summit for me - i get in error when i do it

I checked on the gas tracker at www.wnep.com, and they're showing $2.99 at the Sheetz on Route 6&11 in Clarks Summit. Same price for the Mobil.

It's $2.89 at the Sunoco/Shell on Route 6 in Clarks Summit.

That's as of today, 9/1.

This website will also give you what time that price was reported. Just click on the county you want gas prices for.

I checked on the gas tracker at www.wnep.com, and they're showing $2.99 at the Sheetz on Route 6&11 in Clarks Summit. Same price for the Mobil.

It's $2.89 at the Sunoco/Shell on Route 6 in Clarks Summit.

That's as of today, 9/1.

This website will also give you what time that price was reported. Just click on the county you want gas prices for.

Thanks for the good information. My main concern is that there will be fuel to buy.

See everyone in Scranton. B)