Help in La.

I thought the New Orleans Saints were practicing and possibly going to play their home games in the Alamo Dome

I don't think that was a given. Priorities now. I think the Saints were looking at alot of options..such as LSU stadium and maybe Orlando. The basketball team is looking for a venue for the up coming season. I don't think NO will be a city up and running for at least a year if not longer.

Yes, the Astros play in Minute Maid Park (aka the Lemonade Stand), the Oilers moved in Tennessee, Reliant Stadium was built for the Texans, and the U of H Cougars moved back to Robertson Stadium on campus. The Rockets, who played in the Astrodome after moving from San Diego in 1971, now play in the Toyota Center after having played in the Summit. The Gamblers went down with the USFL. Did I miss anyone?

Edited by usmcontra

The "refugees" are going to be "housed" at the KELLY USA.

"Officials say the 325,000 square foot warehouse at Kelly USA, the old Kelly Air Force Base, is currently being outfitted with the amenities needed to house thousands of storm refugees."

San Antonio News

Oh man, thanks for posting this. I was really wondering if anything like this was going to happen. The scenes from tv are so appauling.

Pray for the victims.

SMM

The Saints were originally scheduled to practice in the Alamodome after their game tonight against Oakland. Since the Alamodome is reportedly now going to be used as shelter for the hurricane victims, the Saints have move their practice facility to Trinity University in San Antonio. I know the NFL would like the Saints to have their "home" games as close to Louisiana as possible. LSU's stadium would be an ideal facility since the Tigers play on Saturdays and the Saints play on Sundays.

It's hard to imagine a natural disaster so great that it affected the lives of people that didn't even get a DROP of rain. Being a native San Antonian, it is so comforting to see donation stations and buckets and boxes and trailers and practically anything hollow being filled with money, goods, and most importantly, love.

Just like P.Diddy said: DONATE OR DIE!!!!!!!

Okay, so it was Vote Or Die, but let's make it happen!!!!!!!!!!