Capital Regiment staff changes

K. Murph wasn't "kicked out" so to speak.

I know where he is going, but I won't say since the official announcement has not been made on the corps site yet.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be surprised if Ralph actually did the drum line like he used to.  i know after a while at Blue Knights he moved up the chain into more program coordination and someone else took over the percussion arranging and day to day stuff.

I haven't read this announcement so maybe Ralph will be doing the percussion stuff, but it would be a shame to just tell Murph bye after the work he's put in to grow that percussion program.

Murph wasn't fired

I never said he was fired if you read what I said it was that i hadn't read the announcement so i didn't know the particulars about ralph, and i also said it would be a shame to just tell murph bye, not that they did or not because i didn't know. I was only saying that it would be a shame to tell someone like murph, who was instrumental in making that drum line what it is, to leave. I never said that was what they did only that it would be a shame if it was.

didn't say you did say that. i posted it so others wouldn't read into things

Hardimon if I remember correctly worked with Vanguard and was responsible for vanguard for many years starting in the late 60's I believe. he had also worked with the kingsmen prior to that.

HOLY CRAP!!! That means Ralph has aged like....20 years!

I think you're thinking of someone else. Ralph marched in the Kingsmen back in the early 70's, and was instrumental in SCV's success after Fred Sanford. One of Ralph's greatest drum solos he ever wrote besides that far-out space thing he did for Blue Knights was SCV's 1984 drum solo. VERY nice. Something you'd NEVER hear nowadays.

With all the time that Kevin Murphy has put in with that corps, I can't see him just being let go. I'd expect to see him at least offered some kind of administrative role within the corps.

Gordon Henderson was on the first staff of Pride of Cincinnati in the early 80's. Before going to UCLA, he worked at The University of Kentucky where he headed the marching band, one of the concert and jazz bands. As I recall, he wrote most of the marching band drills and the brass writing came later. He was at UK from the mid '70's as a grad instructor , held the above positions, until he left for UCLA.

Edited by prd9601

HOLY CRAP!!!  That means Ralph has aged like....20 years! 

I think you're thinking of someone else.  Ralph marched in the Kingsmen back in the early 70's, and was instrumental in SCV's success after Fred Sanford.  One of Ralph's greatest drum solos he ever wrote besides that far-out space thing he did for Blue Knights was SCV's 1984 drum solo.  VERY nice.  Something you'd NEVER hear nowadays.

Don't forget the years he marched VK before going to the Kingsmen in '71.

Garry