New stadium in Indy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old stadium will be no more, so if DCI stays in Indy, they'll be in the new stadium. :)

On another note, you know Indiana is a basketball state when the only rendering of the inside of this new stadium shows it in a basketball configuration. :blink:

The old stadium will be no more, so if DCI stays in Indy, they'll be in the new stadium. :)

On another note, you know Indiana is a basketball state when the only rendering of the inside of this new stadium shows it in a basketball configuration.  :blink:

If you do a search of the forum, you'll find other threads about this from a few months ago.

The signing of the contract is new news, but Indianapolis pretty much promised a new stadium to the Colts last December. Now it's just a little more official.

I was watching from a suite, when the mayor and the Colts owner made the announcement to the crowd, just before the Colts and Ravens played in Prime Time on Sunday night! Haha, just wanted to brag one more time.

Supposedly, this new stadium will be constructed on the south parking lot, which could be a logistical problem for corps in the next few years. That's the same parking lot where the busses usually camp out, for BOA events as well.

Are they going to do anything to improve access to downtown? Seems like the railroad tracks will act as a barrior between downtown activities and the stadium.

The gentleman that I sat next to at the Regional told me that they were moving the show next year anyway. I think he said to nearby IUPUI.

The gentleman that I sat next to at the Regional told me that they were moving the show next year anyway.  I think he said to nearby IUPUI.

If the Indy show moves out of the dome, my wife and I are more likely to attend that show than Allentown. I totally refuse to attend a dome show.My sister-in-law works at IUPUI and has offered to let us stay at her place whenever we're in town. She'd even be interested in coming to the show, although I don't know if she'd be into it like I am or even like my wife is.

I'd be thrilled to see them move it to Memorial Stadium in Bloomington. The stadium has hosted shows before, so clearly it's worked before. It's a college town, but emptied for the summer so traffic and logistics wouldn't be much of a problem. Not as many restaurant or shopping options as Indy, especially with Circle Centre right there, but speaking for the show itself, I think it would be a great place.