New stadium in Indy

I'll poo-poo the Memorial Stadium idea for obvious reasons. :blink: Besides, it's another 1+ hours from my house. Right now I can be in downtown Indy in 1:45. B)

Edited by Machine

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But having that photo in your signature shows that you are clearly not in your right state of mind, so I'll forgive you for not seeing the virtue of a regional in Bloomington. :P

I'd be thrilled to see them move it to Memorial Stadium in Bloomington.  The stadium has hosted shows before, so clearly it's worked before.  It's a college town, but emptied for the summer so traffic and logistics wouldn't be much of a problem.  Not as many restaurant or shopping options as Indy, especially with Circle Centre right there, but speaking for the show itself, I think it would be a great place.

MS also has field turf, so DCI wouldn't have to worry about paying for field damages. Plus, there's lots of hotel space available in the summer.

And no, we're not just saying this because we want to have a show in our backyards. B)

I'm so happy to hear that they are getting a new stadium in Indy. I attended the Indy show in 2004 (my first dome show ever) and I will never go back to the RCA Dome. It was just plain bad acoustically for a drum corps show. Very excited to hear that the new stadium has become more official. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait for football and DCI fans.

And no, we're not just saying this because we want to have a show in our backyards. B)

We promise B)

Actually, I live on the north side of Indy so the trip is Bloomington is at least twice as long as driving to the RCA Dome.

As for the new stadium, well it will be dome, but the roof will be retractable. Hopefully DCI will be able to convince the powers that be to leave the roof open for the 2008 show, as I think everyone would prefer it that way.

Edited by Maedhros

It's not as though IU has never hosted a regional. One of my favorite memories of marching was watching the crowd there go nuts in '92 when Santa Clara hit the bottle dance. Too bad Star wouldn't be around to win it every year, though.

It's not as though IU has never hosted a regional.  One of my favorite memories of marching was watching the crowd there go nuts in '92 when Santa Clara hit the bottle dance.  Too bad Star wouldn't be around to win it every year, though.

You are right, too bad Star wouldn't be there. You do know that Star didn't win that show until '89.

The city of Indy is also bidding HARD for finals in '08 or '09 to go along with the new stadium.