New stadium in Indy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Chuckle) ... We haven't lived in Indiana for 15 years and I still get a kick out of the IU/PU rivalry ... and I must admit ... I'm of the IU camp ... went to school there.

That said ... please, please, pleeeease .... Memorial Stadium ... gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Love the place (and not just because Star marched there, but because the Hoosiers play(?) football there ... sigh) ... at least until the new facility is built in Indy. RCA Dome is a horrid place to listen to corps or bands ... ick.

(Chuckle) ... We haven't lived in Indiana for 15 years and I still get a kick out of the IU/PU rivalry ... and I must admit ... I'm of the IU camp ... went to school there. 

That said ... please, please, pleeeease .... Memorial Stadium ... gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.  Love the place (and not just because Star marched there, but because the Hoosiers play(?) football there ... sigh) ...  at least until the new facility is built in Indy.  RCA Dome is a horrid place to listen to corps or bands ... ick.

That rivalry will never cease - I, too, am of the IU camp - also went to school there way back in the mid 70s. It's like the Hatfields and McCoys b**bs

Memorial Stadium is a GREAT venue for a corps show - had some great shows there in the late 80s - early 90s!

That said ... please, please, pleeeease .... Memorial Stadium ... gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.  Love the place (and not just because Star marched there, but because the Hoosiers play(?) football there ... sigh) ...  at least until the new facility is built in Indy.  RCA Dome is a horrid place to listen to corps or bands ... ick.

Indiana plays football?? ^0^ :P

Are there only 2 Boilermakers on this board? I guess not everyone can be as smart as us! :P

Indiana plays football?? ^0^  :P

Yep.

As a matter of fact, they just won tonight! B)

Are there only 2 Boilermakers on this board?  I guess not everyone can be as smart as us! :P

Make that 3 Boilers! After recently moving back to Indy, I can say that the rivalry is just as intense as ever. It is like Democrats and Republicans in the office...luckily, the Boilers are out numbering the Hoosiers...mawaahaahaaa B)

I am looking forward to the new stadium...even if I have to pay more taxes to eat out in Indy!

Well...I happen to bleed crimson and cream too (Go Hoosiers!)...I guess our school of music just attracts drum corps nerds. :P

Regarding the two stadiums in Indiana that have been talked about (I doubt Notre Dame would EVER allow a show in their stadium), Memorial Stadium is much better suited for a drum corps show. Also, I didnt know that IUPUI had a football stadium...or that they even played football? :worthy:

Ross-Ade Stadium IS larger, but it is a bowl, and the seats are not that high up.

In Memorial Stadium, the seats were designed to be VERY close to the sidelines (meaning you'll FEEL the sound from those Bb horns) AND the seats literally go STRAIGHT UP meaning you'll not only be close enough to hear drum corps as God intended, but high enough to get a good look at all of those innovative scatter drills and park and barks.

Also, Memorial has tons of parking right around the stadium.

If you're a brass player though...be warned...that judges box is up there!

And yes, Indiana University plays football...we have 6 national championships...oh...whats that?...you meant AMERICAN football? :whistle:

As for the new Colts stadium...it looks a bit industrial...

Edited by shostahoosier

I agree that Ross-Ade Stadium wouldn't be ideal, although they have a nice club level now. There are no permanent lights, not a lot of parking directly around the stadium, and most of the hotels are on the complete opposite side of town.