Captions?

so are caption awards still picked from prelims?? sorry i havent been to DCA since 2003. If so the caption winners are as follows:

Remind me if I'm forgetting something...

Class A:

High Percussion: Heat Wave

High Brass: Music City Legend

High General Effect: Govenaires

High Color Guard: Govenaires

Best DM: ???

Open Class:

High Percussion: Buccaneers

High Brass: Buccaneers

High General Effect: Buccaneers

High Color Guard: Buccaneers

Best DM: ???

Congrats to everybody!

Thank you Matt!!! We cannot forget our color guard and percussion which really stepped it up from July.

The guard basically had to learn a whole new show in August! We (the horns) have been doing the same music and drill since March. I guarantee you that had our guard had the chances we did, they would have done better than the hornline. Big ups to them and all corps who participated and made the show great!!

No hard feelings here on not making it in, because the standard of excellence set by our competitors made being a part of it worth it!!

DO not miss this show tonight if you live in NE PA - you will regret it - what an amazing lineup of talent!!!!

On to 2006!!

Edited by radiosteele

so are caption awards still picked from prelims?? sorry i havent been to DCA since 2003. If so the caption winners are as follows:

Remind me if I'm forgetting something...

Class A:

High Percussion: Heat Wave

High Brass: Music City Legend

High General Effect: Govenaires

High Color Guard: Govenaires

Best DM:   ??

Open Class:

High Percussion: Buccaneers

High Brass: Buccaneers

High General Effect: Buccaneers

High Color Guard: Buccaneers

Best DM: ??

Congrats to everybody!

Best DM in CLass A went to our own Vic Kulinski from Heat Wave and Best DM in Open Class went to David Bruni from Empire Statesmen

good to see you a few weeks ago Steve.... stay in touch with us!!

Edited by HeatWavePR

Thank you Matt!!! We cannot forget our color guard and percussion which really stepped it up from July.

The guard basically had to learn a whole new show in August! We (the horns) have been doing the same music and drill since March. I guarantee you that had our guard had the chances we did, they would have done better than the hornline. Big ups to them and all corps who participated and made the show great!!

No hard feelings here on not making it in, because the standard of excellence set by our competitors made being a part of it worth it!!

DO not miss this show tonight if you live in NE PA - you will regret it - what an amazing lineup of talent!!!!

On to 2006!!

Well, don't fret too much. From what I saw at Rockmart the past two years, and at Scranton Saturday night, y'all are well on your way, and I can see you in finals in the very near future. Here's to an all-South Class A Final! (soon, I hope :) )

Well, don't fret too much.  From what I saw at Rockmart the past two years, and at Scranton Saturday night, y'all are well on your way, and I can see you in finals in the very near future.  Here's to an all-South Class A Final! (soon, I hope :) )

We take the high road when it comes to fretting.